Need advice to heal 2 yo son's teeth. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2010, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dentist recommending general anesthesia to do 4 composite crown-anteriors and 2 vital pulpotomy w/ stainless steel crowns.

Dentist also recommending we wean son from breastfeeding.

Did you know ADA and AAPD rec weaning at 1 year? What? How can that be?

Per fear, we have had tear filled nights since dentist appt because I am not allowing son to nurse at night (typing that makes my eyes fill with tears). How do I night wean and still feel connected to my parenting principles? I am afraid that if I allow him to nurse at night, the cavaties will get worse and spread.

We brushed his teeth once a day since teeth appeared at 3 mo. Now, I wish we had brushed more . . . so now we are trying to brush whenever he is done eating. Today, that looked like son nursing, falling asleep, waking up to teeth being brushed, crying, wanting to nurse, and so on.

During preg and son's 1st year, I was having tooth pain. My dentist rec a root canal and antibiotics? I took a supplement called Attack and never needed the root canal.

I fear our veggie/vegan diet set up son's teeth for problems. During preg I craved meat so strongly that I started eating fish and bird meat.

Now, son and I eat some meat, muscle, up to this point. We just started raw milk and calc flor and calc phos. We are also doing Xylitol.

I can see dark holes in his molars. Front 4 teeth are decreasing in size because of decay and one appears chipped. Front four teeth are partly yellow in color.

Please help. Surgery is scheduled for mid-March. Want to cancel! Should we have fillings done in office with son strapped down? Should we wait and see until ???

I know the body can heal. I know teeth can heal. What will provide the best path for rapid healing?

Please respond with encouragement and ideas.

User Tag List