S/O the dentist thread...ummm.. am I supposed to bring my dd to the dentist? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-21-2010, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Seriously? Because if I am, and I've neglected to, I really am an idiot Of course it doesn't help that I think of, and refer to my 3 y/o as my baby. What are the rules???? I never even thought about the dentist until reading the other thread. LMAO, her dentist would love her (enter sarcasm) she has sensory processing disorder. It's hard for me to get in her mouth, let alone a stranger. They would HAVE to sedate her for sure.

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#2 of 8 Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We started around age 3. Both the pediatric dentist we used to go to and the family dentist we currently use recommend starting around age 3 unless you have a problem before then.

I know some people start earlier around age 1 though.
#3 of 8 Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 PM

our dentist recommends 1yr, mostly to get uused to it. My 22mo dd went for her second visit in dec, she did great. She also has spd. We practiced dentist for a few days before hand though, it really helped her a lot!
#4 of 8 Old 02-22-2010, 01:52 PM

Here, the dentist starts taking patients at 3-4 (depending on the child's readiness) unless there is a problem before...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#5 of 8 Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM

We started bring our kids to a pediatric dentist as soon as they had teeth, around 8 months or so.
#6 of 8 Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 PM

I took DD for her first dentist visit shortly after her 4th birthday.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#7 of 8 Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM

I think waiting until age 3 or 4 is fine, as long as you don't see any issues. We took my DS last week because we noticed he had some decay.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#8 of 8 Old 02-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my 7.5yr old has never been to the dentist. It had not crossed my mind until I decided to see what this forum was all about.
She has a beautiful set of pearly whites, so Im going to go on not letting it cross my mind

Decluttering 500/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page