What would be involved? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2010, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd2 fell on the cement a couple days ago. Long story very short, she fell on her face very hard and ended up with a skinned nose, fat lip and bleeding around her front tooth. I did phone the dentist and they told me that unless it started bothering her, the tooth started turning grey or if she developed a white pimple over her gums, there was not much that they could do but observe. Her tooth is not turning grey, but it does seem that a white "pimple" is forming above her two front teeth just above the gumline. Also her frenum was cut when she fell.
I can't get into see a dentist now until Monday. If she is indeed getting a tooth infection due to broken roots, what would be involved in her care? Can her teeth be saved without a root canal(I'm assuming that would be the next course of action) Is it different for children?

I wish to god I didn't have to post this at all. Its seems like my babies are destined to be toothless.

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 12:53 PM

I just went through something like this with my 9 year old. She was tripped in gym class, and smashed face first into the gym floor. In our case, the ped dentist did have us come in and took xrays, including some to make sure her nose and jaw weren't fractured. We had to keep her on a soft diet for two weeks so as to not put any additional stress on the teeth, and then we had a followup.

The dentist said that fortunately things look good, but to be on the lookout for the appearance of pimples as that signifies an infection. It was my understanding that if the teeth got infected, we'd be looking at root canals. I'm still nervous about it.

I'm sorry your dc is dealing with this.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.
Odd news this morning. I decided to take a closer look at the "pimple" on her gum and it was gone. So I don't know if there was one to begin with and it popped or it was just food particles left over from supper (I was at work at the time so I wasn't able to really do much in the way of investigating)
So we'll just keep an eye out for now, crossing my fingers that her teeth are ok.
GTG, need to try to keep her from stripping...

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
Old 02-27-2010, 04:37 PM

I'm glad to hear that there doesn't seem to be a pimple over her teeth now.
A pimple over the teeth can indicate an abscess and the tooth would need to be extracted.
Melinda

User Tag List