wisdom teeth and possible infection? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-02-2010, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been up for two nights now in A LOT of pain. I've never had my wisdom teeth pulled , cause they've come in gradually and haven't given much pain. I thought maybe I could keep em. This time though my gums are very inflamed, throat is sore, and I have a headache. I think they must be infected. My dentist appointment is in 2 weeks. I'm taking garlic and ginger. Immune booster, probiotics, salt water gargle. I took advil last night and finely slept. What else can I do to get by till my appointment. I'm really praying it will start feeling better soon! And what about getting an extraction? Anything I need to know? Seems like there's lots of wise moms who know a lot about natural dentistry here! Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-02-2010, 11:00 PM

I'd recommend calling for an emergency appointment. If you describe your symptoms, they should be able to get you in before your scheduled appointment.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#3 of 5 Old 04-04-2010, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaverbena View Post
I've been up for two nights now in A LOT of pain. I've never had my wisdom teeth pulled , cause they've come in gradually and haven't given much pain. I thought maybe I could keep em. This time though my gums are very inflamed, throat is sore, and I have a headache. I think they must be infected. My dentist appointment is in 2 weeks. I'm taking garlic and ginger. Immune booster, probiotics, salt water gargle. I took advil last night and finely slept. What else can I do to get by till my appointment. I'm really praying it will start feeling better soon! And what about getting an extraction? Anything I need to know? Seems like there's lots of wise moms who know a lot about natural dentistry here! Thanks for your help!
Try Vitamin D3 - 5000IU/day, magnesium - 600mg/day, vit K2 (from Thorne research, 3/4 drops a day, Vit C - 5 grams/day from sodium ascorbate powder together with bioflavonoids, garlic from Puritan's Pride - 6/day, continue with the other stuff and see if that helps.
#4 of 5 Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 AM

Mine were infected off and on for about 8 years until I finally had them extracted last year. I took goldenseal but garlic, vit C, turmeric are additionally helpful if the infection is pretty bad. The extraction was much easier than I thought it would be. I'm sorry I put it off for so long!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#5 of 5 Old 04-17-2010, 02:57 AM

I am currently on the downside of a wisdom tooth infection and am getting the two bottom ones out next Friday. I have gotten mild infections for a few years now about once or twice a year. This time it was more of what you are experiencing. A couple of real hellish nights and now on antibiotics. Feeling better but really wondering if I should take the metronidazole I was prescribed. I am worried about the effects on my nursing 1 1/2 year old. So make sure you tell your dentist about nursing babies and any concerns you may have if you need antibiotics! My dentist does know I am nursing but the info I found online doesn't sit well with me on the metronidazole. I am going to call in the am to see if I can stop that one.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page