amalgam - anxiety - money issues - help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have really really bad teeth. The MAJORITY of my teeth have old amalgam fillings in them! I have been having some "weird" health problems/symptoms and I would bet anything that they have to do with the mercury in my system (the best guess of drs so far has been MS though MRI didn't show anything). This has been causing me so much anxiety because we are poor, have no dental insurance and we would have to go into serious credit card debt in order for me to have them replaced. I just now did a little research and found a biological dentist in my city who (judging by the website) seems good. I plan on making an appointment to at least talk about it and see exactly what the costs are. Also I know dh is going to freak out about the expenditure (and will take some serious convincing that the amalgam removal is necessary).

So I guess this post is party a vent to get that out. I also have a question....

In the meantime, is there anything I can do to support my system re. the mercury? I believe detox is not a good idea while the amalgam is still there (is that right)? Is there anything I CAN do? I know that taking any proactive steps would help reduce my anxiety level (which is really high right now and I'm having trouble sleeping or thinking about anything other than my body is a toxic waste dump that I'm trapped in).

Help!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page