What role does nutrition play in delay of tooth eruption? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2010, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 14 month old who currently only has seven teeth. We are vegetarian, he's never had any meat. We are in the process of switching to a more TF diet because I'm feeling that although I felt healthy on a vegetarian diet for many years before having babies, having two kiddos and being pregnant due in September in four years plus numerous miscarriages as well and breastfeeding both kids still, my diet is not meeting my needs any more.

I am just starting to really delve into the healing teeth through nutrition stuff on here. My 3 year old has at least one cavity so it's on my mind. But I was also just wondering if nutrition could play a role in why my younger son doesn't yet have more teeth.

Thoughts?

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In one word, yes. Nutritional problems can cause delayed teething. My 18 mo old has this problem. He has 10 teeth right now (4 molars and 6 incisors) He also has lots of food intolerances so I think that's causing poor absorption. I was veggie for 15 yrs and I think that's one of our root causes. He is allergic to all veggie protein (soy, seeds, nuts, dairy, eggs, beans, etc) so we are eating tons of meat now.

Cell salts have been extremely helpful. Whenever he takes them consistently he starts teething like crazy. Look for the thread in H&H.

More than meat or not, I think all the stuff in the curing cavities with nutrition is impt for teething like bone broth, clo with vitamins, raw milk if tolerated, butter oil a/or lots and lots of butter or ghee, etc...

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
Old 04-21-2010, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We followed a strict TF diet and my dd got teeth very late and 2 teeth developed cavities. They did eventually heal. She is allergic to alot of the good TF's and using then caused alot of gut issues for her. Now we are using lots of grass fed ghee and eating lots of greens.

User Tag List