Hi Mamas! I am in a Pickle!
So I have 8 smallish Mercury fillings left. I cracked a tooth with one of them. Now food always gets stuck there & it hurts even with diligent cleaning. I have a 5 week old nursing infant. I see an IAOMT dentist who is amazing.
His suggestion is to pump, get the tooth fixed and then pump & dump for three days. If I am going to do all that, I am considering taking care of the mercury on that whole side of my mouth. I wanted to
wait until 6 months or so, but the tooth is keeping me up at night so I don't think I can wait at least to deal with that one.
I have so many questions!
How much should I pump? (Often & amount)
What bottle will cause the least nipple confusion?
Will my baby even take it?
Will taking out 4 mercury fillings but not all 8 cause an immune response to the Mercury?
Will taking out all of them cause some type of Mercury dump?
I need any and all help! There isn't much way around dealing with this that I can see. I am going to wait at least until 6 weeks, but am considering getting the (hospital grade) pump now. Also I am thinking of using a wet nurse if I can find one!