Mothering Forum banner

dry sockets; pain relief?

872 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pianojazzgirl 
#1 ·
had my 2 remaining (upper) wisdom teeth removed 9 days ago. i was doing okay but then by last wed i was in tons of pain, went back to the dentist, have 2 dry sockets. they packed clove dressing in there and i am going back tomorrow am to have them repacked. menawhile i am in excruciating pain again, especially today. last night i took vicodin again which i'd taken most of week and this time had really bad reaction; dizzy, sweating, threw up. so i'm not doing that again and regular painkillers don't touch it. is there anything i can do to get relief till tomorrow? i'm miserable...

See less See more
#2 ·
I used to know but I forget the amount, BUT... it is safe to take (for a limited time only!) a much higher dose of ibuprofen than they say on the bottle. I'll google to see if I can find that info...

Ok, sounds like 800mg every 6-8 hrs is prescription strength ibuprofen. I think that is what I would do in your situation.

Good luck finding some relief mama.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.