Dental work done in a hospital - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-23-2010, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we recently took our kids in to the dentist. Our older kinds did fine. We had been blessed to have found a wonderful pediatric dentist when they were little so they have no fear (yet anyway). We've moved and had to find a new dentist.

I know our 3 year old has at least one cavity so we took him in. I knew it wouldn't go well. He doesn't like any sort of medical stuff.

He wouldn't even let them look in his mouth. So we're scheduling his work to be done in the hospital under anesthesia. They'll do everything at once. He broke 2 of his front teeth as an early walker and both pediatric dentists we saw when it happened said they couldn't do anything for them unless they abscessed or caused him pain. I think they are going top try and work on them because there is some decay there too.

Can you please share your experiences with having these types of procedures done under anesthesia? I'm really concerned about putting him under

Editing to add he's still nursing. We made the appt at 6:30 AM since he can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. That's going to be a big ball of fun. I also realized yesterday that that's the 1st day of school for my older kids. blargh.
#2 of 2 Old 06-24-2010, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post
Can you please share your experiences with having these types of procedures done under anesthesia? I'm really concerned about putting him under
My son (3) just had dental surgery a few weeks ago (May 28).

I'm a bit pressed for time right now, so could you go look in my old postings around that date, I have described it all, and there are also a couple of other Moms with similar experiences at the same time that you could read about.

Good luck to you and your son, hope your experience will be as good as ours

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page