Anyone else with pain at wisdom tooth extraction sites years later??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-28-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had my impacted wisdom teeth pulled over 2 years ago under light sedation with lots of stitches. The healing process was uncomplicated. I've just had my braces removed. The past two years I blamed the near constant aching in the back of my mouth on the braces, but now that the braces are off the ache is still there. It's not unbearable, it's just annoying. It's only on the right side, both top and bottom where I can feel the scars.
Just wondering if anyone else has this????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used to get pains where they had taken my impacted wisdom teeth out that I always imagined were pieces of tooth they didn't get. I haven't had them for a long time though. I got mine out when I was 15 and I'm 32 now. It happened for a few years, I think. It wasn't a constant ache though.

<>< Alison
#3 of 5 Old 06-29-2010, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrid View Post
I used to get pains where they had taken my impacted wisdom teeth out that I always imagined were pieces of tooth they didn't get. I haven't had them for a long time though. I got mine out when I was 15 and I'm 32 now. It happened for a few years, I think. It wasn't a constant ache though.
That is reassuring to know. Hopefully this won't be permanent then. I wouldn't say it is constantly there - I seem to notice it more when I'm not busy doing something. I can't feel it now even if I stop to think about it. Somedays it seems like it's all day long though. So annoying!
#4 of 5 Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 AM

I'm glad someone else has this! My extraction site swells from time to time. I was worried about it and saw an expert dentist who said a piece of root had been left in. Bit of a pain to go in and get it though so I'm just going to put up with it. I sometimes wonder whether it's actually the wisdom tooth above grating on the area as I mainly seem to get the swelling in the morning and I grind my teeth.

#5 of 5 Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 AM

I had all four of my wisdom teeth cut out the appointment two years ago.

After they healed I was fine. I have had occasional pain in the surgery areas but only minor annoyance pains. The past two days, however, I have had a lot more pain in my top right, in particular. It is hurting so bad that I am having problems opening my mouth to even brush my teeth. I am going to go back to my dentist and see what he has to say about it. It feels like i came freshly out of surgery. Does anyone else have a worse pain like this? Could it be because a part of the root is still in my jaw line?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page