Teeth Becoming Transparent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-24-2010, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started using a homemade toothpaste of cocnut oil and bronner's liquid soap over a month ago. Yesterday I looked at my teeth and found they are going very noticably transparent! I never had this problem with normal toothpaste and I'm really worried now! Does anyone have any advice or know what might cause it? It's actually scared me into going back to mainstream toothpaste.
I worry a lot about my teeth as it is, but now I'm really worried it'll be irriversable
#2 of 4 Old 07-27-2010, 12:08 PM

I don't know why that would happen with a new product for brushing. I've had that due to nutrition issues, but the timing of yours seems to make that less likely.

I use ecodent tooth powder, partly because it's supposed to help remineralize teeth (haven't had cavities here, knock on wood, but because I felt we were more at risk than most). We like the cinnamon flavor, the mint not so much, and I hear lemon-lime is good too.
#3 of 4 Old 07-27-2010, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'm currently using Sensodyne Pronamel, just out of pure desperation, but once I feel a bit better about my teeth I'll see if I can find somewhere that sells Ecodent. I have also been having raw egg and liver smoothies to help remineralise them.
#4 of 4 Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 AM

I am having ths problem too.. any other ways to remineralize them?

"If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing."
~Agnes Sallet Von Tannenberg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page