Pascalite or Bentonite clay - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-14-2010, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I'm not satisfied with my xylitol/ACT regimen (Dr. Ellie Phillips). I was also using calc phos cell salts and MI paste, but got frustrated to see new decay in new teeth. My 22 month old is getting new decay and she still does't want to quit night breastfeeding--which I think would help things. We actually have lost 1/2 of a tooth--but the dentist gouged it with his explorer to show me how soft it was and the others haven't shown signs of actually dissolving away like that.

Thinking about trying to pack my daughter's cavities with clay--or
brushing with a paste of xylitol dissolved in water and powdered clay, in
addition to what I'm doing now.

Seems like most of us use a lot of things and it is hard
to know what helps. What is the difference between Bentonite and Pascalite?
#2 of 16 Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
bumping, I'm curious too
#3 of 16 Old 09-08-2010, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As I understand it the pascalite has more calcium. If I were you (and I was 6 mon ago) I would call the VERY nice woman who runs Pascalite Inc....PM me for the # if you want I'm not sure it's okay to post it here. Speak to her and she will explain everything for you. She is SO nice and took the time to answer all of my questions.
#4 of 16 Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM

I came across this great interview with Dr. Ellie Phillips and had to share:

http://integrativemom.com/prevention/toddler-teeth-2/

I've signed up for email updates so I can be informed when they post the rest of it!  Amazing info!!!

#5 of 16 Old 01-06-2011, 04:25 AM

TNMom, how is it going?  I sw you posted your question back in Aug.

#6 of 16 Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 AM

We are having issues here too :(

ds who is 2 and has ds looks like he has a problem with enamil  or lack of .....

at least that's what the ped thinks. I have not taken him to the dentist yet, am dreading it.

His teeth have come in either discolered or discolor really fast and 2  just don't look good.

All this and I was pretty good throughout the pregnancy and I have been using xylitol since tooth # came in, clo, k2 (thornes) no juice or sugar, gf low to no grains etc; etc;

very disheartening :(

anyhoo, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, I just saw the re; bentonite and was wondering what exactly you do with it for tooth health?

I have some and use it for rashes, bites, tummy bug etc; and I did give ds about 1/2 tsp of hydrated clay a day for a while due to a rash he had a few months ago. From what I understand the clay doesn't get absorbed by the body, am I wrong here?

would love to learn more about this :)

#7 of 16 Old 01-06-2011, 03:31 PM

my dd had defective enamel as well.  we used cell salts very effectively.  I also tend to use pascalite on my kids teeth-I just sprinkle it on the toothbrush and brush. 

and to the op...the difference is the region it comes from and therefore the distribution of minerals.  You can certainly use bentonite clay.  I have both.  There's a finite supply of pascalite, so I use it for things like brushing teeth, ingestion and the like.  For topical use I use a generic bentonite.

#8 of 16 Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

my dd had defective enamel as well.  we used cell salts very effectively.  I also tend to use pascalite on my kids teeth-I just sprinkle it on the toothbrush and brush. 

and to the op...the difference is the region it comes from and therefore the distribution of minerals.  You can certainly use bentonite clay.  I have both.  There's a finite supply of pascalite, so I use it for things like brushing teeth, ingestion and the like.  For topical use I use a generic bentonite.

Were you able to prevent decay with the defective enamel?? I have been using cell salts calc phos and calc fluor, can you recomend any others?

Iam going to start brushing with clay too thanks:)

#9 of 16 Old 01-07-2011, 05:25 AM

Mombh, I know how it is when you try your best and there are issues.  My 3 yr dd had decay and we stopped it (and it sealed over) with cell salts and brushing with pascailte.  She got the decay when we were eating loads of kerry gold butter (for k2), bone broth, greens, raw dairy, only soaked grains.  We now only use the bone broth and found she was allergic to eggs, dairy and gluten.

As for my ds 18 months, he has no decay, but what looks like no enamel on any of his top teeth.  His teeth look weird like little round things. It was only after having him that we realized about all the allergies.  I havent given him cell salts because of the dairy in them as he is really sensitive, but are goinh to be starting soon with the lactose free cell salts.  I will keep you updated as how his enemal goes. 

One other key nutrient I never realized is Vit D.  I have been taking lots of D and when I got tested I was very low.  And accoding to the study Tanya poted on the dental forum a few weeks back, the key i teeth healing along with great nourishing food is Vit D.  Anyway, I am going to get my kids tested and see how they are...

#10 of 16 Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 AM

That's so intersting bluebirdmama1.  I  just had ds tested for allergies and am awaiting the results. I have 2 other kids with food allergies, but it was so clear that they were allergic and they had reactions to foods they were allergic to.  ds really doesn't seem to be having any of the issues they had but I decided to test anyway and we'll see.  Do you also give your  kids the clay internally?

re; vitamin D. I have been supplementing all of us ( the whole family) the last few months and I make sure the younger kids get sun, I have also been sitting in the sun about twice a week ( we live in florida).   Is it possible the body doesn't absorb vitamin D well? are there other factors connected to vitamin D being  absorbed  that I am missing?  

#11 of 16 Old 01-07-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Were you able to prevent decay with the defective enamel?? I have been using cell salts calc phos and calc fluor, can you recomend any others?

Iam going to start brushing with clay too thanks:)

yes.  there was some decay that had started and it arrested.  It then sealed over and she required no intervention.  the dentist signed off on it being a non-issue at this point and there is no other decay whatsoever.

I do sometimes say silica for kiddos if there seems to be difficulty in accessing nutrients across the board.

#12 of 16 Old 01-08-2011, 04:04 AM

I don't give the clay internally on person but they swallow whatever they get on their toothbrushes.   I don't klnow what to say about Vit as being in FL would be the best place to get your D.  All I know is that a blood test was very helpful.    For me personally, I have lyme and that has messed with my body in a way that has made me not absorbe many nutrients.    So your Vit D may be fine, but you never know if it is not without a test and if it is low, there could be an absorbtion factor involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombh View Post

That's so intersting bluebirdmama1.  I  just had ds tested for allergies and am awaiting the results. I have 2 other kids with food allergies, but it was so clear that they were allergic and they had reactions to foods they were allergic to.  ds really doesn't seem to be having any of the issues they had but I decided to test anyway and we'll see.  Do you also give your  kids the clay internally?

re; vitamin D. I have been supplementing all of us ( the whole family) the last few months and I make sure the younger kids get sun, I have also been sitting in the sun about twice a week ( we live in florida).   Is it possible the body doesn't absorb vitamin D well? are there other factors connected to vitamin D being  absorbed  that I am missing?  

#13 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 09:14 PM

Oh, I was just directed to this thread! I am having the same troubles with my 20 month old. I know she was lacking in nutrients because I was emotionally unwell in the years before getting pregnant with her which was affecting my body's ability to absorb nutrients (I relapse a bit any time I get stressed, sigh) though I did eat (mostly) healthy. I also had HG while pregnant so my nutrient-dense food intake was nil (hello McD's!) and I lived in Seattle, so zero Vit D on top of all that. :/  My daughter's teeth are getting worse and we are not at a place where night weaning is even remotely possible, and don't foresee it being possible for many months still. And I seriously question the legitimacy of the claim that night nursing is the culprit, when babies have been doing this since the dawn of time with *gasp* no night brushing and wiping off of the teeth. I need to get on the ball about this, or very real consequences seem inevitable. I'm going to the store tomorrow to get some ingredients and make a tooth remineralizing paste to clean with. I'm so worried. It's the upper part of her teeth near the gumline, they clearly have no enamel in spots and parts are brown on the upper four. She has a stage 3 (out of four) upper (labial) lip-tie, which certainly doesn't help.

So my question is: what to do with a 20 month old?! I mean...getting in their mouth is, well...mostly not possible!! We eat very healthy, but reading some of your posts make me concerned about possible dairy sensitivity (though the cheeses I've been getting are raw and she doesn't drink dairy unless it's cultured, and kefir is 99% casein free). Though during the summer I was pretty devoted to giving her cell salts (bioplasma and some of the more specific ones) and they did seem to make a difference in the enamel on her teeth. I just always forget to have the bottle on hand.

(tooth paste recipe from here: http://wellnessmama.com/2500/homemade-remineralizing-toothpaste-recipe/)

#14 of 16 Old 01-29-2012, 03:40 PM

We use Pascalite clay.  We don't brush with it though.  I make a very thick "paste" and apply it to my son's teeth after brushing.

#15 of 16 Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 AM

where do you buy pascalite clay?

#16 of 16 Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

http://www.pascalite.com/

Bring back the old MDC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page