I need dry mouth remedy!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi - any ideas for (pref homemade, but doesn't have to be) a dry mouth solution? It gets really bad, esp. at night when I can't drink water or chew gum. I try to stay hydrated but I just can't at night. I am concerned about using Xylitol, as lots of people have recommended... Isn't it a fake sugar? I try not to use those... Does anyone have any good info about it? Also, I'm pregnant and don't want to use Propylene Glycol or other crazy chemicals, which seem to be in most of the store-bought mouthwashes. I appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks. I think I'll go put on some lip balm...
#2 of 7 Old 08-20-2010, 05:33 PM

Do you have a medical condition which causes this?

What fats do you eat? I know dry eye is correlated with low omega 3s and high omega 6 intake. Not sure about dry mouth.
#3 of 7 Old 08-21-2010, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Do you have a medical condition which causes this?

What fats do you eat? I know dry eye is correlated with low omega 3s and high omega 6 intake. Not sure about dry mouth.
I'm not sure what causes the dry mouth or whether it is a medical problem. I guess I had been seeing it as annoying rather than a serious problem... and I do get very dry eyes when I wake up in the morning as well as dry mouth, so I'm going to check into the Omega 3/omega 6 idea. Thanks!
#4 of 7 Old 08-21-2010, 01:44 PM

I meant another medical condition which this a side effect of, but I guess not. Something's up but not sure what it is!
#5 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 06:18 PM

Dry mouth can be caused by iron deficiency- have you been tested for iron-deficient anemia?
#6 of 7 Old 09-07-2010, 04:46 PM

I'm working with someone right now with dry mouth. It's been years for her with no saliva production. I have her on a constitutional remedy and asked her to see a CST. It took about 2 weeks, but she no longer has dry mouth. If you don't have access to a homeopath, I'd certainly suggest a good CST if possible.
#7 of 7 Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winemal View Post
I'm not sure what causes the dry mouth or whether it is a medical problem. I guess I had been seeing it as annoying rather than a serious problem... and I do get very dry eyes when I wake up in the morning as well as dry mouth, so I'm going to check into the Omega 3/omega 6 idea.
I missed this thread earlier, but dry mouth + dry eyes probably merits some rheumatological blood work to rule Sjögren's in or out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page