Help for friends 22month old! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-14-2010, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I'm posting for my friend. Her son has 2 teeth (the top ones on either side of the center 2) that are crumbling. Dentist wants to put him under and puts crowns on! Her son mostly breastfeeds and is a very picky eater. I would say gets about 80% of calories from breastmilk. She uses Xylitol as much as she can. Now that her son allows her to brush his teeth, they seem to be crumbling more. Both of those teeth came in with deformities in the enamel.

What are the top 3 things she can do to help his teeth remineralize? What supplements can she use? Changing the diet will be really hard. What are cell salts? That seems to come up alot on this board...along with Cod Liver Oil. How much does she give him? She has found a natural dentist in town who uses ozone.

It's so hard to read the "healing teeth with nutrition" thread. It's almost impossible to figure out what you are supposed to do, and there are so many things that people do it's almost impossible to do ALL those things if you are doing none of them.

So what are the main things somebody can do to help their child's teeth remineralize without changing every aspect of their life. So I would say what are the top 3 or 5 things to do?

Thanks for my friend!!!!!
#2 of 4 Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 AM

Finally able to access these boards from my phone! Thanks so much for posting this for me. Hopefully I'll be able to read any responses, my service is spotty, and as you know, Zev's love of walking on the computer keeps me from taking it out when he's awake.
And thanks in advance to anyone with experience they can share. I will add that Zev now has some minor decay on the front 2 teeth as well. Really hoping to find a remedy that Doesn't involve surgery!
#3 of 4 Old 09-29-2010, 03:48 PM

We haven't reversed decay (yet? ) but the decay stops expanding when DD is getting her cell salts regularly, and started expanding when we had a gap while waiting for the order to come in.

With cell salts, too, she's got less sensitive teeth and is happier about tooth brushing. (By the way, the little mechanical toothbrushes that spin are great, then when she won't let me brush she does a fairly good job herself)

So I'd start with cell salts as the fastest and easiest way to see some results.
#4 of 4 Old 10-17-2010, 05:12 PM

calc fluor, calc phos and silica cell salts would be my number one priority. Make sure to get a really good quality brand if the situation is that severe. Most common brands are decent, but you'd want a reputable source for this. They really do work miracles for faulty calcium assimilation.

I have seen this work for so many kiddos, it's really hard to ignore. I also will have people brush their teeth with them or rub them into the gums.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page