To make a long story short, I had a bad dentist in my teens who didn't perform a root canal properly. I had another dentist try to fix it, another who suggested extraction and then another tell me not to take it out. The infection, abscess would return every other year or so for the last maybe 5 years, I'd get antibiotics and then it would go away. I hadn't gotten any clear answers on whether to take it out or not so I didn't.
I'm 23 weeks pregnant on Thursday and just went through an infection episode around week 17- week 19 or so. My face never gotten big and swollen or anything like that. I used garlic for a good bit then got nervous and went on a round of antibiotics. I saw another dentist in my new hometown and he suggests removing it before my 3rd trimester, the end of next month along with a bone graft.
I can't afford it whatsoever. It's 559, they have a small discount but even with payment plans (calling today to see if they have any) and a discount, I can't afford it right now. All of my birth and baby expenses are coming to a head right now. I wont be clear of payments and things till January. Should I rush to take this tooth out? Is there no way for me to wait a little longer to take it out?
I am GBS+ from a urine culture and so will be on antibiotics again within the next week or two, my tooth isn't bothering me at all. I'm just not sure what to do now or if I should be urgent about it.
Any advice is appreciated. I did read back into the posts here but wanted to know specifically on my situation. Thank you.
Forgot to mention that even my midwife thinks I should take the tooth out. Didn't really get a reason beyond "the sooner, the better" and infection is bad in pregnancy.
Single mama by choice to son 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!