mi paste- does it help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
in addition to a nutrient-dense diet, can MI paste really help build enamel and all it claims to do? has anyone tried it with good results? im thinking of getting the kind w/out flouride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 06:18 PM

bumping

#3 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm interested in this too. I have been using it on my 3 y daughter's cavities for half a year. The last exam they told me she needed the $700 anethesia and "work" on the cavities. They weren't able to x-ray the teeth so they don't know the extent of the cavity, so I opted to watch the tooth for any pain/problems and do the MI paste nightly. I am hoping that it at least keeps the cavity from getting bigger and leading to an absess, before she can grow into the work being able to be done without anethesia.

Any thoughts are appreciated here too :)

#4 of 7 Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 PM

I've been using MI paste without fluoride to treat my 3 year old's ECC. I can't say that using only MI paste will help stop ECC. I used MI paste in combination with ozone treatment, fermented cod liver oil, butter oil, raw milk products like ice cream and butter, a nutrient dense diet, and using a sonic toothbrush. 

What made the biggest difference in my son was getting rid of the decay in the affected teeth and using ozone to kill any remaining decay deep in the tubules that the dentist could not get out with his instrument. My son's decay has been arrested. We are now in the maintenance phase. 

#5 of 7 Old 01-25-2012, 08:39 PM

I know this thread is older, but it is so uplifting to see your success boysnberry.  Where did you find a dentist who would do ozone on peds?  I would love to add it to our list of healing for my 16 month old.

#6 of 7 Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Im interested in the ozone as well!  What is MI paste?  Excuse my ignorance  this is my first time in the dental forum  :)

#7 of 7 Old 03-26-2012, 08:05 PM

And excuse my ignorance, but what is ozone? Our dentist just gave me MI paste for my son's 2 cavities (he's 22 months.) But I'm hoping to do everything I can to make sure we eradicate them.

1love4ever-MI paste is a topical solution of bioavailable calcium phosphate. I don't know much more than that--sorry!

~may all beings be free from suffering~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page