Brownish spots on teeth, are they cavities ? Help please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-23-2010, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have two brownish spots in my upper teeth, it does not hurt, it is not sensitive,

could these be cavities?

If they are cavities, is there anything I could do to reverse this?

Since I have a problem with too much estrogen in my body, I only eat red meat about

once or twice a month. No sodas, no coffee, no alcohol. I do not smoke.

I drink a cup of green tea every morning with lime juice in it. 

Again, is there anything I could eat, herbs, spices, foods that would reverse this?

Thanks for reading & your help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It could be some decay, but try googling fluorosis: Is this what your spots look like? Fluorosis is caused by excessive exposure to flouride (like what you use to prevent cavities.) It will produce staining if you get too much. Flouride is present naturally in the water in lots of places in the US, so the concentration in the water will vary. Did you drink from a well as a child?

If it's not fluorosis or decay, maybe it's just boring old staining. shrug.gif

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#3 of 7 Old 11-29-2010, 09:00 PM

You might look into Mi Paste. My daughter has fluorosis and we are trying it on her and I am trying it for sensitivity. If you are drinking lime juice with your tea in the morning it might cause some enamel errosion. If you drink citrus, make sure you rinse before you brush or the toothpaste will be too abrasive(sp?). I only drank soft drinks a couple times a year as a kid but got hooked on coke as an adult. Where the enamel is worn on my teeth it pick up stains from teas, etc. Some mouth rinses like the one from Crest can cause some temp. stains. See if a good dental cleaning takes the stains off.Susan

#4 of 7 Old 12-07-2010, 01:20 PM

I once mentioned MI paste to a natural dr. I see, and he said that all MI paste does is add calcium into your saliva.  If your saliva is low in calcium, then your body is too.  So, just make sure to take calcium with a higher amount of magnesium to ensure absorption.

Importantly, bone broths are very healing, and will work to remineralize your teeth.  It is recommended to have a cup a day. . .

Further, to reduce estrogen, liver cleanes help, especially calcium d-glucarate, which is highly effective in removing estrogen.

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#5 of 7 Old 12-12-2010, 11:51 AM

Brown spots could also be decalcification.

#6 of 7 Old 12-12-2010, 02:04 PM

Flouridosis would have been there since you first got permanent teeth so it wouldn't be something new you've just noticed. If it's always been there though that is a common place and description. You can get veneers on those teeth to cover it but it can't be removed if it's flouridosis. Your enamel could be worn and will collect stains. I have an enamel flaw behind my front teeth that turns brown. Dental cleanings lighten it though so I'm not sure what causes it.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#7 of 7 Old 12-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Best to go to a dentist to see what they say!  when was the last time you made a visit?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page