Teens having teeth extracted tomorrow - looked in dental archives for advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-13-2010, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

and all kinds of good advice had been deleted!  greensad.gif

Ds 17 is having four impacted wisdom teeth out, under GA, and ds 14 is having two teeth pulled to relieve crowding, not under anesthesia.  I would so appreciate some advice on how to help them be prepared mentally and physically and, especially, natural ways to speed their healing.

I did gather from the wisdom teeth thread in the archive that arnica before and after would be a really good idea.

Thanks - I hope someone out there with some knowledge will see and respond to this post today!

-Dancy

#2 of 8 Old 12-13-2010, 05:48 AM

i have had lots of teeth out  in my life due to gingervitis  and diabtes damage the last time i had  teeth out  which was earlier this year i had twilight iv sedation when i got 2 teeth out i reccomend that for your 14 year old i didnt  rememebr anything!!!! i hope that helps

#3 of 8 Old 12-13-2010, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlylovesthesims2 View Post

i have had lots of teeth out  in my life due to gingervitis  and diabtes damage the last time i had  teeth out  which was earlier this year i had twilight iv sedation when i got 2 teeth out i reccomend that for your 14 year old i didnt  rememebr anything!!!! i hope that helps

I will ask if they have that at this office - thanks for the idea!

-Dancy

#4 of 8 Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone know why all the advice posts from Smilemama were deleted from the Wisdom Teeth thread in Dental Archives?

#5 of 8 Old 12-14-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancianna View Post

Does anyone know why all the advice posts from Smilemama were deleted from the Wisdom Teeth thread in Dental Archives?

She must have erased them herself for some reason.

My DD had some teeth pulled (baby teeth that wouldn't come out) and she did salt water or xylitol water rinses. That helped a lot.

#6 of 8 Old 12-14-2010, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

I see.  Maybe it was a liability thing or something?  I'm sorry not to be able to benefit.

It's good to know about the salt water - thanks.  I've never heard of xylitol water!

-Dancy

#7 of 8 Old 12-14-2010, 12:17 PM

Hmm, maybe she had to remove the posts because she gave medical advice or something that could affect her insurance coverage? Just a guess.

I just had her dissolve some xylitol in water. I figured that the xylitol might help kill any bacteria around and it tastes better than salt water!

#8 of 8 Old 12-14-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

I think that's a great idea.  Anything to reduce the bacteria in the mouth while there's that open sore.  Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page