White spots on teeth, sigh... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone know what these are and if there's any way to reverse them? I had them, and now my 7 yo does, too. On her permanent teeth, top front. They were not as bad as they are now, meaning they are getting worse. This makes me believe they could get better? I hope? Grrr, I'm getting really tired of all this shyte. Incidentally, (because I've read it could be fluorosis) we do not use fluoride toothpaste (not in many years now) but do live with fluoridated water (working on fixing that).

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 AM

I was goig nto suggest fluoride but I guess you've already thought of that. 

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 AM

I have the same problem, and I recently noticed that the white patch is sensitive. I'm using diet to attempt to heal my teeth, as I also have cavities in two of my teeth. But I'm using the white patch to monitor progress of lack thereof. I was inspired by this link http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2010/12/dr-mellanbys-tooth-decay-reversal-diet.html and the work of Weston Price.

Also, xylitol, a natural sweetener is meant to be good for teeth. Apparently it may be able to help heal them so that's always worth a try. But I think if you want to reverse it, you'll have to cut out grains and start taking a vitamin D supplement. Oh, and this book http://www.curetoothdecay.com/ is well worth a read.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 AM

What about mi paste? Dentists suggest it for white spot lesions.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

You know, we had some mi paste and it got thrown away, I think (My mother loves to get rid of things, like an OCD type of thing, and I don't think she knew what it was). Can one just get this somewhere, online for instance, or do you have to get it from the dentist?

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 PM

I found it online at www.gellysmiles.com in non flouride, but amazon has the flouride one.

User Tag List