Rebuilding dental enamel in adults - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-03-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is there any way to rebuild enamel in adults?  I've noticed that several of my teeth are looking almost see through.  My SIL (a dental hygienist) confirmed that it is enamel erosion.  I was diagnosed with celiac in Dec, so I think it is linked to that.

All that she could suggest was a high fluoride toothpaste...I try to avoid flouride.

Anything else I can try?

countryangels likes this.
#2 of 10 Old 02-17-2011, 08:16 PM

bump.gif

#3 of 10 Old 02-18-2011, 06:04 AM

Well cutting out the gluten for sure to help the gut to heal and then you can start absorbing nutrients. I like Vit D, cell salts and K2. My teeth are better already with those and especially the k2 for me. My kids respond really well and fast with the cell salts.
#4 of 10 Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 PM

yup, I'd focus on rebuilding nutrients and using cell salts.  that's what worked for me as well as my kids.  good luck!

#5 of 10 Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 PM

Sorry if I am not supposed to ask this here but what are cell salts?

#6 of 10 Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 AM

I have healed caries by eating a high animal fat diet of traditional foods. My enamel thinned after a few pgs, but it rebuilt during my fourth pg with lots of organic meat and loads of fat, gelatinous bone broth, fermented veggies and Concentrace. We were eating sprouted grain and whole-fat dairy then. I had absorption issues, too, but this still worked.

Dec. 1st 2010, my family quit all forms of grain (I ate about two servings/day max., previously, so not much to begin with) and two days later, we quit all dairy. Since doing this, my partner, who has teeth that are missing pieces from cracking off, has had them heal over with thick, shiny enamel. My teeth, and my children's teeth (deciduous and permanent) have also become thickly enameled and shiny. We no longer have any trace of tartar. My teeth are so strong now that I've been smashed in the mouth with a big metal spoon, and on teeth that used to throb from a cool breeze, the pain of impact lasted a few minutes, and they remained firm in my gums, where previously, being hit in the teeth caused days or weeks of pain and looseness. The healing has been dramatic, and it's happened to all of my bones.

This past winter, my seven yr old son had a fast slip on wet tile at the hardware store. He went from standing to a face plant- straight down, and smacked his two front teeth onto the bare tile (they are permanent teeth). I expected broken teeth; he hit so hard. Instead, he had a sore jaw for about a week, minor abrasion to his lip, and absolutely not a mark on his teeth. He weighs 63lbs and is 4'4" tall, so there was a lot behind those teeth slamming into the floor.

We drink water from a spring-fed, mineral-rich creek for the past year, and we've reduced our Concentrace to about once or twice/week since then.

You absolutely can rebuild enamel, and also, if your teeth bones are weak, then the rest of your bones are, too, so dental care won't address the underlying issue anyway. You have to remineralize your whole body. Use oil-based preparations to bypass your gut, for things you can absorb through your skin, like magnesium. Also, take D3 in oil (olive oil gelcaps or droplets in medium-chain-triglycerides or mct's) to speed up the process of replenishing. You can rub the D3 oil into your skin, too.

eta: I just noticed that you are in MN. You really need to take D3; you just cannot get enough UVB to make enough D3 in your body at that latitude. Without adequate D3, calcium cannot enter the bones. If you are eating grains, your are flushing out minerals at a faster rate than you can acquire them, as well. Here's a link to the Vitamin D Council if you want to read up on it. :)

Well, I've been absent for 8 months, and during that time, it turns out that I have completely transformed. You are all precious. Thank you for being here and sharing your lives. You are truly a gift. namaste.gif Jan. 23, 2012

#7 of 10 Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM

My apologies for picking up on such an old thread, but PreggieUBA2C's post is way to interesting for me to just leave it alone. 

I have problems with my teeth and I'm interested in learning more about the diet that Preggie posted. I do however not understand everything she writes as my first language isn't English. I could've sent her a message, but it seems like it's been about a years since the last time she posted on here. 

What does "high animal fat diet of traditional foods" mean? Is that what the "organic meat and loads of fat" part is all about? What kind of fat is it, for example?

What's "gelatinous bone broth"? I know what a broth is, but what is gelatinous? Special bones or something? This is sort of a soup made on bones and then you can have vegetables in there too and just take out the bones when it's done, right? Is it ok to uses spices? 

"fermented veggies and Concentrace" - I know what veggies are but what is fermented? And Concentrate with a capital C - what's that?

And they quite all diary and grain? What in the world do they eat then, eggs, meat, fish and vegetables only? 

#8 of 10 Old 04-15-2013, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreggieUBA2C View Post

I have healed caries by eating a high animal fat diet of traditional foods. My enamel thinned after a few pgs, but it rebuilt during my fourth pg with lots of organic meat and loads of fat, gelatinous bone broth, fermented veggies and Concentrace. We were eating sprouted grain and whole-fat dairy then. I had absorption issues, too, but this still worked.

Dec. 1st 2010, my family quit all forms of grain (I ate about two servings/day max., previously, so not much to begin with) and two days later, we quit all dairy. Since doing this, my partner, who has teeth that are missing pieces from cracking off, has had them heal over with thick, shiny enamel. My teeth, and my children's teeth (deciduous and permanent) have also become thickly enameled and shiny. We no longer have any trace of tartar. My teeth are so strong now that I've been smashed in the mouth with a big metal spoon, and on teeth that used to throb from a cool breeze, the pain of impact lasted a few minutes, and they remained firm in my gums, where previously, being hit in the teeth caused days or weeks of pain and looseness. The healing has been dramatic, and it's happened to all of my bones.

This past winter, my seven yr old son had a fast slip on wet tile at the hardware store. He went from standing to a face plant- straight down, and smacked his two front teeth onto the bare tile (they are permanent teeth). I expected broken teeth; he hit so hard. Instead, he had a sore jaw for about a week, minor abrasion to his lip, and absolutely not a mark on his teeth. He weighs 63lbs and is 4'4" tall, so there was a lot behind those teeth slamming into the floor.

We drink water from a spring-fed, mineral-rich creek for the past year, and we've reduced our Concentrace to about once or twice/week since then.

You absolutely can rebuild enamel, and also, if your teeth bones are weak, then the rest of your bones are, too, so dental care won't address the underlying issue anyway. You have to remineralize your whole body. Use oil-based preparations to bypass your gut, for things you can absorb through your skin, like magnesium. Also, take D3 in oil (olive oil gelcaps or droplets in medium-chain-triglycerides or mct's) to speed up the process of replenishing. You can rub the D3 oil into your skin, too.

eta: I just noticed that you are in MN. You really need to take D3; you just cannot get enough UVB to make enough D3 in your body at that latitude. Without adequate D3, calcium cannot enter the bones. If you are eating grains, your are flushing out minerals at a faster rate than you can acquire them, as well. Here's a link to the Vitamin D Council if you want to read up on it. :)

Thank you for this information :)

#9 of 10 Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsjorgen View Post

My apologies for picking up on such an old thread, but PreggieUBA2C's post is way to interesting for me to just leave it alone. 

I have problems with my teeth and I'm interested in learning more about the diet that Preggie posted. I do however not understand everything she writes as my first language isn't English. I could've sent her a message, but it seems like it's been about a years since the last time she posted on here. 

What does "high animal fat diet of traditional foods" mean? Is that what the "organic meat and loads of fat" part is all about? What kind of fat is it, for example?

What's "gelatinous bone broth"? I know what a broth is, but what is gelatinous? Special bones or something? This is sort of a soup made on bones and then you can have vegetables in there too and just take out the bones when it's done, right? Is it ok to uses spices? 

"fermented veggies and Concentrace" - I know what veggies are but what is fermented? And Concentrate with a capital C - what's that?

And they quite all diary and grain? What in the world do they eat then, eggs, meat, fish and vegetables only? 

Hello,

Sorry that no one has replied to you.

I wanted to at least answer one of your questions, fermented veggies are like saurkraut, which is made from cabbage. This is originally from Germany, I think. That is one example I can think of.

And the gelatin in the bone broth, I think comes from the fat.

I will come back, if I can think fo more. :)

#10 of 10 Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Gelatin in bone broth is from the connective tissue: cartilige, ligaments, tendons. So you would need to make bone broth from bones that are parts of joints and have the connective tissue still in place, and also from bones that are not thoroughly cleaned to get the gelatin.

"Fat" is animal fat, such as the actual fat of the animal. Choosing fatty meats and eating the fat is one way to get animal fat in the diet. .

It is possible to eat no grain or sugar at all, and it's extremely healthy, in my opinion. Required carbohydrates would be obtained from vegetables, fruits, and trace amounts in other animal foods.

I eat dairy foods but only the fat: cream or cream products like butter. Milk has a lot of sugars in it, thus so does yogurt (even unsweetened).

I haven't made bone broth in a long time but when I did, I did use spices and root vegetables. I strained it to pure liquid, leaving nothing in it. I suppose there are other methods that would work just as well.

To your health,

Puma

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page