If you succeeded in healing cavities/remineralizing/arresting caries in your kids' milk teeth, what did the teeth look like? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 41 Old 02-17-2011, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter
 
MittensKittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My two year old has cavities on his four front teeth. We are trying to heal them with a variety of methods, primarily because we can't find a dentist who will drill and fill. I am wondering what the teeth will look like? Will they be extremely discolored, brown, etc, or is there a chance they will look kind of healthy? I feel sad about my son's little teeth! Over here, early childhood caries is no big deal, because dentists will not drill milk teeth in younger children (Eastern Europe!), and parents often decide to leave it alone in older ones too. But I would like my son top be able to look at childhood pictures of himself without the rotten teeth!


I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
MittensKittens is offline  
#2 of 41 Old 02-17-2011, 10:08 AM
 
Xavismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mittens, we are dealing with those same teeth too =(

 

The main one I was worried about was brown a month ago, and now it is a light greyish color. I'm still very worried about it, but visually it looks better, if that gives you hope and makes you feel any better! I know I feel awful right now for sure about my LOs teeth.

 

Thats interesting to know they wont drill over there.


Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
Xavismom is offline  
#3 of 41 Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter
 
MittensKittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavismom View Post

Mittens, we are dealing with those same teeth too =(

 

The main one I was worried about was brown a month ago, and now it is a light greyish color. I'm still very worried about it, but visually it looks better, if that gives you hope and makes you feel any better! I know I feel awful right now for sure about my LOs teeth.

 

Thats interesting to know they wont drill over there.


 

 

That's good to know. The very front teeth (number 1) are currently brown near the gums. A month ago, there was a spongy indentation on both, like a part missing. Now, that has filled back in on one side (enamel recovering?) , though the other side still has part missing. It's no longer spongy though. The teeth next to them (number 2) don't show visible signs of holes, but are brown. These have not changed at all since we started our healing "regime". What are you using to heal your baby's teeth?

 

I have to say that I was extremely angry when MANY dentists told me that they would not drill and fill such a young child. We're in a second world country, and there are no facilities for general anesthetic at dentists' offices, or even at the dental faculty. I was told over and over to stop breastfeeding, and that the teeth would turn black but "stay strong". I'm worried that the teeth will, in fact, turn black. But in a way I am grateful that no dentist wanted to drill and fill when I was prepared to do so, because the front teeth have, actually, healed a bit.

 

That's kind of why I posted. Remineralizing is an accepted concept for dentists here, because of their refusal to drill and fill. But I keep hearing that the teeth will turn black. I would be so sad if all my son's baby pictures had rotten, black teeth in them!

 

Before my son started showing signs of tooth decay, I fully admit to thinking "geez, take your kid to a dentist" every time I saw a small child with caries. My neighbor has a seven year old with totally rotten teeth. Now I know that it's not her fault - the dentists won't do anything.


I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
MittensKittens is offline  
#4 of 41 Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 AM
 
babygirlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bacteria is what causes teeth to decay. I live in the US who seem to be behind the times. I think your dentists are correct. I was waiting for an appointment on the phone and they have an automated message that says they now realize teeth can heal and that they will now be doing minimal work on teeth from now on and their goal is more preventative care. I can't tell  you how impressed I am with that. All my wisdom teeth grew in black but no one can see and I very much want them removed but I'm too scared. I now realize it's this bacteria that is causes the situation with my other teeth (I think my wisdom teeth had no hope). Dental work can lead to a lifetime of pain if the nerves are messed up. Right now I'm dealing with severe nerve pain and the dentist made my teeth beautiful (omg he didn't use mercury!! gasp! on molars!) but I still have an earache. I think I have an infection.

 

A teacher did warn me about my child getting "milk teeth" from drinking milk at night and suggested she get only water at night after she gets her teeth brushed but I wasn't comfortable with that. She wasn't gaining weight at the time and eats poorly. She also won't let people touch her face so it's a struggle. Now that she has a decent pot belly and gained 3 pounds I might be able to work with her on that.

 

I don't see why their teeth would turn black unless you continued to not brush them and kill the bacteria. Yes, cosmetically it would suck to have brown teeth but drilling sucks worse and the damage is also great. Once you take the tooth out there's no going back. I mean if it's brown to the bone wouldn't they have to remove the tooth and put in caps or dentures? I have yet another filling near the front and you can see the black algaman through the teeth and it's quite ugly. It doesn't matter if they left the shell of the tooth you can still see it. :/

babygirlie is offline  
#5 of 41 Old 02-18-2011, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter
 
MittensKittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlie View Post

I don't see why their teeth would turn black unless you continued to not brush them and kill the bacteria.

 

Yes, cosmetically it would suck to have brown teeth but drilling sucks worse and the damage is also great. Once you take the tooth out there's no going back. I mean if it's brown to the bone wouldn't they have to remove the tooth and put in caps or dentures? I have yet another filling near the front and you can see the black algaman through the teeth and it's quite ugly. It doesn't matter if they left the shell of the tooth you can still see it. :/



"Continued not to brush"... we've always brushed teeth. I know S Mutans is behind the tooth decay, but I am not sure how he got it. Among other things, I've started using a "mainstream" tooth paste (no fluoride though) instead of dental clay, which we used before. We're also doing xylitol, no refined sugar, cod liver oil, and vitamin D. I hope it works.

 

Indeed, poor quality dental work and amalgam fillings messed with my teeth big time. I think healing teeth is the best option, but I also feel strongly about other options being available. Here, parents are sent away with the advice to "stop breastfeeding and brush the teeth". Well, there's a bit more to it than that. I don't think breast milk is cariogenic all in itself but I get that the "teeth need to be covered with saliva only for extended periods of time to remineralize" might be true. Night weaning is a huge struggle. Oh, and they don't do caps here either, they claim it's impossible for milk teeth, even though it apparently is not impossible in the US :).


I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
MittensKittens is offline  
#6 of 41 Old 02-18-2011, 05:59 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd had several small cavities. Two looked like they sealed over and look white and nice, but the other one sealed over and now has a brown stain. That one is actually the most healthy seal/enamel, strange.
Koalamom is offline  
#7 of 41 Old 02-18-2011, 11:30 AM
 
Xavismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post




 

 

That's good to know. The very front teeth (number 1) are currently brown near the gums. A month ago, there was a spongy indentation on both, like a part missing. Now, that has filled back in on one side (enamel recovering?) , though the other side still has part missing. It's no longer spongy though. The teeth next to them (number 2) don't show visible signs of holes, but are brown. These have not changed at all since we started our healing "regime". What are you using to heal your baby's teeth?

 


Mittens, we are doing:

Brush 2xs daily with pascalite clay

Xylitol tooth wipe after snacks, and right before nursing to sleep at bedtime

Vit D

I make a small ball of pascalite clay and pack it directly onto his cavity during his naptime

Watching diet more closely, ie less cooked grains, sugar, etc

Starting Cell Salts today (yay!)

 

Good luck Mama =)


Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
Xavismom is offline  
#8 of 41 Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 PM
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 12,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post

My two year old has cavities on his four front teeth. We are trying to heal them with a variety of methods, primarily because we can't find a dentist who will drill and fill. I am wondering what the teeth will look like? Will they be extremely discolored, brown, etc, or is there a chance they will look kind of healthy? I feel sad about my son's little teeth! Over here, early childhood caries is no big deal, because dentists will not drill milk teeth in younger children (Eastern Europe!), and parents often decide to leave it alone in older ones too. But I would like my son top be able to look at childhood pictures of himself without the rotten teeth!


I haven't seen the discoloration go away completely, but it's drastically minimized with time as it seals over.

Panserbjorne is offline  
#9 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 04:17 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got a camera and I will post a pic of my dd's tooth later today of the other thread asking for pics...
Koalamom is offline  
#10 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 06:06 AM
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 12,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm excited about that acquisition for a variety of reasons!  lol!

 

I will try to post a photo as well-but no promises.  dh is not a fan of having pics of his kids on the net.

Panserbjorne is offline  
#11 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 07:23 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What was I thinking??!! Dd is acting like a goof about this pic of her teeth and it keeps coming out blurry or she is making crazy poses. Lol!!
Koalamom is offline  
#12 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
 
MittensKittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

I'm excited about that acquisition for a variety of reasons!  lol!

 

I will try to post a photo as well-but no promises.  dh is not a fan of having pics of his kids on the net.



I'd love to see photos. I'll also try and upload some - if I can figure out how to on MDC! You could cut the picture down to just the teeth to avoid recognition. :)


I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
MittensKittens is offline  
#13 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 AM
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 12,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post





I'd love to see photos. I'll also try and upload some - if I can figure out how to on MDC! You could cut the picture down to just the teeth to avoid recognition. :)


I know that, and you know that....but my dh is fairly neurotic about this one particular subject and has to be okay with it for me to do it.  partnership and all. 

 

I submitted my kids faces to a closed group of licensed professionals for a project in a class we were all taking.  It took a long time for him to stop being pissed about that and it was NOT a public forum by any stretch!

Panserbjorne is offline  
#14 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 08:55 AM
 
CowsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

I know that, and you know that....but my dh is fairly neurotic about this one particular subject and has to be okay with it for me to do it.  partnership and all. 

 

When did you marry my husband?  winky.gif  Glad to know I'm not the only one with a partner so adamant on the subject.
 


Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
CowsRock is offline  
#15 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 AM
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 12,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

lol-oh no.  not by a long shot.  he is fiercely protective of his children in all ways.  even those that seem silly to me.  he's cute though, so I'll keep him.

Panserbjorne is offline  
#16 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 AM
 
CowsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I usually feel the same way about my hubby.  ROTFLMAO.gif


Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
CowsRock is offline  
#17 of 41 Old 08-12-2011, 10:39 AM
 
TheHousewife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you had any luck healing his teeth?  I've been trying to save my daughter's teeth since they popped through. She just turned 4 and most of her teeth have cavities. She eats well, doesn't have candy or sweets, I fill her with cod liver oil, vit D, vitamin rich butter, xylitol toothpaste 2x a day and I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. Is anyone actually having any luck healing their kids cavities???  I'm afraid to take her back to the dentist because they said they want to sedate her and drill....


Mom to a wild girl born via waterbirth [7-27-2007] Planning our 1st [8-24-10]
Editor-In-Chief of The Fashionable Housewife - www.thefashionablehousewife.com
TheHousewife is offline  
#18 of 41 Old 08-12-2011, 11:01 AM
 
amia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
amia is offline  
#19 of 41 Old 08-12-2011, 05:05 PM
 
Wugmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Housewife, there is another thread somewhere here from koalamom, I think, about her child's cavities healing.  Or maybe it was someone else.  She was doing pascalite clay, xylitol wipes and cell salts.  My dd, age 3.75, had dark brown spots in her two back molars (supposed to get 2 baby root canals and two crowns) and I had xylitol and clay on the way, but got the cell salts first.  After just 2 weeks, the teeth look visibly better, they look light gray, not brown.  At least I'm assuming that means they are getting better?

 

I'm giving her 2 pills each, three times per say, of bioplasma, calc. Fluor 6X (#1), Calc. Phos 6X (#2) and Silicea 6X (#12).

 

My biggest fear is if this doesn't work, and she needs the dental work done, she will be past the age where they are willing to have her under general anathesia, which is what they want to do know.  I can't image her being awake for root canals at age 4.  :(

 

Does the color change from brown to gray mean they are healing??????  Have pascalite clay and xylitol now, am going to try to pack them at bedtime...

 

~Tracy


Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

Wugmama is offline  
#20 of 41 Old 08-13-2011, 04:59 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup, my dd's teeth healed. We did pascalite clay, and cell salts, but no xylitol. I am not 100% sure on it, so we just never used it. My dd's teeth are beautiful now.
Still I am no expert as I have crappy teeth and am allergic to both cell salts (lactose and sucrose based). All the k2 in the world didn't help our teeth. I do have good news that my gums are never better after years of terrible receding they are looking great now after switching to the primal diet.
Koalamom is offline  
#21 of 41 Old 08-13-2011, 06:24 PM
 
TheHousewife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What are cell salts? Where do I find such an item? How much to give a 4 year old?

 

I give her cod liver oil 1 tbsp 2x a day, high vitamin butter oil 1 tbsp 2x a day, xylitol toothpaste, xylitol mouthwash and have been doing this fairly consistently for a year with barely any improvement. Sometimes the canines recalcify (?) but not permanently... I'm SO discouraged.


Mom to a wild girl born via waterbirth [7-27-2007] Planning our 1st [8-24-10]
Editor-In-Chief of The Fashionable Housewife - www.thefashionablehousewife.com
TheHousewife is offline  
#22 of 41 Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 PM
 
gracemamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I havent read thsi whole thread but thought I'd reply to the housewife.

I'm no expert in these matters and ahve learned everything on here and in the Cure Tooth Decay Book byRamiel Nagel recommended here.

From what I understand, cell salts help with remineralizing teeth by helping to balance the absorbtion of minerals on a cellular level.  we got ours at whole foods but these are available on amazon and probably vitacost and others.  We are using hylands brand and have Bioplasma and calc Phos, calc Fluor and Silica.  If you call wf to ask them, you can ask for Hylands Cell salts #s 1,2, 12 and bioplasma.  On this forum, they recommended administering this 6x/day for first month and then 3x/day after.  We have been using these for less than 2 weeks and brushing alot with xylitol and using pascalite clay (another thing I learned about here)  my daughters brown line of decay across her top 4 teethis virtually gone.  There is still alot of work to do but I am seriously dedicated to these things now sa they have really worked.

If you are intereetsed in the pascalite clay, as well, we are brushing with this and letting DD put it on her teeth after brushing 1-2x/day and then I put it on her cavities at night in paste form and sometimes before nap.  Good luck!

 

isabchi likes this.
gracemamma is offline  
#23 of 41 Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
 
MittensKittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cod liver oil, xylitol and cutting out processed foods helped heal my son's teeth to some extent. There is still damage, but the spread of caries has stopped and it looks much better now. 


I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
MittensKittens is offline  
#24 of 41 Old 08-15-2011, 06:32 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracemamma View Post

I havent read thsi whole thread but thought I'd reply to the housewife.

I'm no expert in these matters and ahve learned everything on here and in the Cure Tooth Decay Book byRamiel Nagel recommended here.

From what I understand, cell salts help with remineralizing teeth by helping to balance the absorbtion of minerals on a cellular level.  we got ours at whole foods but these are available on amazon and probably vitacost and others.  We are using hylands brand and have Bioplasma and calc Phos, calc Fluor and Silica.  If you call wf to ask them, you can ask for Hylands Cell salts #s 1,2, 12 and bioplasma.  On this forum, they recommended administering this 6x/day for first month and then 3x/day after.  We have been using these for less than 2 weeks and brushing alot with xylitol and using pascalite clay (another thing I learned about here)  my daughters brown line of decay across her top 4 teethis virtually gone.  There is still alot of work to do but I am seriously dedicated to these things now sa they have really worked.

If you are intereetsed in the pascalite clay, as well, we are brushing with this and letting DD put it on her teeth after brushing 1-2x/day and then I put it on her cavities at night in paste form and sometimes before nap.  Good luck!

 


Well said about the cell salts. And great to hear you are seeing results!
Koalamom is offline  
#25 of 41 Old 08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
 
TheHousewife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

@gracemama

 

Allright well if it's working for you, then I'm going to try it. I've done everything else I can do and it only seems to have haulted the decay process, not yet reversing it really.

 

Are these the right items?

 

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-27071-hylands-cell-salts-

 

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-27142-hylands-cell-salts-

 

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-27666-hylands-cell-salts-

 

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-13894-hylands-cell-salts-bioplasma-1000-tablets

 

I'm not near a Whole Food market - they are like over an hour away from where I live, so I try to get everything online... If you could verify those are the right things for me, that would be awesome!

 

I ordered pascalite clay on Saturday and hope that it arrives soon as I have heard good things about that as well. How do you get the paste to stay on the front teeth? My daughter has like 20 teeth and at least 8-10 of them have cavities.

 

It's so frustrating because we eat so well and she was breastfed till she was 18 months old and we don't give her a lot of sugar, carbs, processed foods, etc.  She's a wicked picky eater and doesn't eat very much.  I feel like such a horrible mother.. people look at her teeth and then give me a dirty look and I just wish I could explain that it's not my fault - I'm doing everything I possibly can to fix her teeth! Does anyone else feel like this????


Mom to a wild girl born via waterbirth [7-27-2007] Planning our 1st [8-24-10]
Editor-In-Chief of The Fashionable Housewife - www.thefashionablehousewife.com
TheHousewife is offline  
#26 of 41 Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 PM
 
gracemamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks koalamom!

Yes thehousewife- I feel the same sometimes. My own family came with me to our dentist appt. last week and their jaws literally dropped when they learned that 2 yr old DD has 8 cavities.  Her brown decay is WAY better but it still blows my mind that it got to this stage and of course we blame ourselves.  We also are eating what I consider to be a very healthy diet with almost no processed sugars, minimal watered down juice etc. After 20 years as a vegetarian, I am planning on adding in fish because of this issue.  just cant stomach the idea of bone broth just yet!!

Just checked your links and these are precisely what we are using. They taste good and my DD likes them. She asks for extras so no difficulty there! (Nothing like the cod liver oil we are REALLY struggling with as per my own thread asking for help!)

With the pascalite, we brush with this and xylitol depending on how we organize for the day and then before nap I mix some of the pascalite powder with water to form a firm but still speadable paste and put it on her teeth that need help.  Sometimes she isnt interested but we make a game of it in the evenings.  first we brush, then she and I both get pascalite powder in our hands and she uses her finger to put in on her teeth and mine if she wishes ( a bit like playing in the dirt= fun). Then I make the paste with pascalite and water and put it on the front and backs of her front four and on her molars.  I explain that it is happy teeth powder and it seems to work well. 

 

Good luck. I really really hope this helps your DC. Wishing everyone happy, healthy teeth!

 

gracemamma is offline  
#27 of 41 Old 08-16-2011, 06:03 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hear you housewife. We ate the perfect diet and when my dd got cavities, I was so heartbroken. And the perfect diet for us was bone broth, FCLO, tons of grass fed butter, and still she got cavities. The cell salts were amazingly fast at healing her teeth- one month. I was a vegetarian for 8 years and I regret it as I think that my dd didn't get the right nutrition in the womb.
Koalamom is offline  
#28 of 41 Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 AM
 
Chloebelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Koalamom, I don't think being a vegetarian had anything to do with it. Many people who eat meat have children with cavities.  I've been a vegetarian for 24 years and my children are vegetarian, and so far, my 5 year old has one cavity, and my other child has none. (Knowing what I know now, I don't even think it was a cavity, just a deep pit in her molar, because she has the same thing on the other side, and we were just at the dentist (a different doctor) and she said it's not a cavity.)

 


Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
Chloebelle is offline  
#29 of 41 Old 08-18-2011, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
 
MittensKittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloebelle View Post

Koalamom, I don't think being a vegetarian had anything to do with it. Many people who eat meat have children with cavities.  I've been a vegetarian for 24 years and my children are vegetarian, and so far, my 5 year old has one cavity, and my other child has none. (Knowing what I know now, I don't even think it was a cavity, just a deep pit in her molar, because she has the same thing on the other side, and we were just at the dentist (a different doctor) and she said it's not a cavity.)

 


My kids are third generation vegetarians. Only my son has cavities, nobody else in the family had these issues. 

 

 


I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
MittensKittens is offline  
#30 of 41 Old 08-19-2011, 06:07 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't mean to sound against vegetarianism, as I am one at heart. I would be one if I felt good eating that way but my body just can't handle it. I guess I am trying to say that some people are not meant to be vegetarians. I fought it and knew I wasn't supposed to be as i felt pretty bad eating that way.
Koalamom is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off