Mothering Forum banner

Need help with diet for healing gums/teeth

516 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jephtoothhurts 
#1 ·
Part of what I'm experiencing right now: For the past 3 weeks or so I've been waking up with a really strong bad smell in my mouth that bothered me. A little more than a week ago my gums started hurting and bleeding when I pick around them on both ends of my lower jaw. The tooth on the left I actually had a root canal performed on years ago (currently I am 24y.o male) and there is whiteness on the inside of my gum around that tooth, the white spot does not hurt, but the gum between that crowned root canaled tooth and the one next to it is sensitive. Now that I think about it, I noticed the skin on my finger and around the nails where pealing/not attaching well to the nails or w/e (supposed to be a sign of lack of certain nutrients?)

I started reading "curing tooth decay" which summarizes some things from Weston A. Price and bought some supplements/vitamins, so far: Nordic Artic CLO, vitamin D, akaline drops for water, bentonite clay, colloidal silver, some organic ghee (can't find butter oil locally...)

I've just started taking these things and will be getting calc phos today, but the diet sounds tough and am hoping someone could give me some ideas. I live with my family and we are Asian, so that means white rice with every meal... We don't shop at organic markets and have no idea how to prepare liver or how I'm supposed to take other things like the organic butter, do I just eat that plain too? I just took a spoon full of ghee by itself raw with no other foods... I'm going to try to cut down on white rice and bread the best I can, but doing this yesterday, I just starving a lot... this is completely different to me and I've never cooked anything before or bought my own groceries...

See less See more
#3 ·
I wouldn't say I'm healthy. I rarely eat breakfast, theres almsot never anything to eat at home except cereal somethings and oatmeal or eggs. I need to find a simple healthy breakfast cause despite what people say about cereal, I don't think it's a healthy choice... After work I can't say I do much physical activity... I don't consider myself healthy or normal =[

My bite has been shifting a lot lately, before that I was unhappy with it. I didn't like the end result of my braces at, my teeth on the lower right jaw seem to arch in more and I'm not sure if they touch the top teeths well when I bite down. The thing is though that I'm missing a front tooth on my lower jaw and dentists seem to have a hard time figuring out where the center of my lower jaw is supposed to be and I'm told my bite will never be "perfect" I think it could have been better though. So I don't wear my retainer.

The root canal is on the lower left corner tooth, the tooth next to that and the right corner tooth are the 2 that are affected right now. I mentioned to my dentist that I saw today about my waking up at night with bad breath and he says maybe I have acid reflux problems and the acid from my stomache is coming up and burning away the gums around there. I think this might be true, either that or might be grinding my teeth. I could swear though that I might have a hole in my tooth inbetween it and the crowned root canal tooth, it's not showing up on the xray though so I don't know...

I am missing the enamel from my upper front teeths too though from not taking good care when I had braces. Been told that it's gone permanently and that it doesn't grow back, so I still want to try this diet and see what happens there atleast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.