cell salts question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am pretty sure that DS has an enamel defect- his grandmother and cousin both have one too.  I am currently looking for a dentist for him. I have made some changes to our diet, which was already pretty great but i've added in raw milk, grass fed butter, bone broths, xylitol toothpaste 2x daily plus in his water as well as calc phos and i recently bought bioplasma. my question is, if he takes the bioplasma, does he need to take the calc phos? would it be too much calc phos or is more better in this case?

thanks

#2 of 10 Old 03-09-2011, 03:41 PM

I'd do both.  but really, for an enamel defect, calc fluor is more what you want.

#3 of 10 Old 03-09-2011, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

so, calc flour instead instead of calc phos? or in additon to along with the bioplasma?

#4 of 10 Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM

I don't know the full picture.  But for deficient enamel what you want is calc fluor, not calc phos.  you can certainly do it in addition to bioplasma.

#5 of 10 Old 03-09-2011, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

thank you!

#6 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 02:40 PM

Dont mean to threadjack your post but I was wondering what is the duration for which typically these salts need to be administered?

#7 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altmedfan View Post

Dont mean to threadjack your post but I was wondering what is the duration for which typically these salts need to be administered?

depends on the issue, how long it's been present, the intensity of it, how responsive the person is etc.  it will vary from case to case.  if the issue is something that is clearly observable then you just kind of go by the symptoms.  as they get less aggressive or the duration is shorter then you know you can start backing off.  there are people who need to be on them for long stretches as well, so unfortunately there's no one size fits all answer!

you can check out the cell salt thread in H&H for more info if you like!

#8 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Thanks for your response! My 20 month old has ECC on 3 of his teeth and I have started giving him calc flour. I plan to start giving him calc phos as well (along with other options discussed on this forum like xylitol etc). So does this mean I need to continue till I dont see the cavities any more?

I was wondering if something like calc phos needs to be continued for longer stretches irrespective of the cavities, as a sort of supplement...

#9 of 10 Old 03-12-2011, 04:04 AM

possibly.  the cavities are indicative of a deep need for that salt, so even when the cavities are being healed it's possible that you may need to continue giving it.  doing so will not hurt anything-they are adaptogenic for lack of a better term.  you can't hurt the situation by giving them longer than they are needed, it's not as though they build up in the tissues or anything.

#10 of 10 Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 AM

Thank you!
I was browsing through the h&h thread youmentioned. It is very informative and I have a lot to catch up on!
So while I do that a quick question that popped up when read up some info.
I have been giving my son this-calc flour from the list
http://www.boironusa.com/products/name-single-medicines.php
Is this a cell salt? I am worried I have beengiving him something I shouldn't have?
This goes back to whether this is a remedy or cellsalt and what should be administered in this case....
Sorry this is a panic post!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page