Tell me BpA/flouride is better than mercury - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So what's the lesser of the evils?

I will start off with some background. I have always been sickly but after a big dental filling appointment my body went kaput and I just about died (literally). I got all these immune issues, infections etc (though a year before i got a ton of vaccines). So I'm a little scared of dentists on every level.

I was (and am) in a lot of dental pain which resulted in a loss of an amalgam filling and was replaced with something off white (molar). (Why don't they tell you what the heck they are putting in??) I was pleasantly surprised until I researched that composites have BpA and I'm going to get all fatter and whatever the estrogen issues are.

So I go in a few days ago still in pain (abssess under the fixed molar) and I do indeed ask for a composite filling (I was actually there for a filling)  thinking it's the lesser of the two two evils and she says no problem and of course fills a tooth that wasn't bothering me instead of the one that was... whatever *throws hands up* I'm sure it was an insurance thing. So out comes another ugly silver filling. She told me she was putting in a half flouride half glass composite filling. *screech*.. ok I have thyroid problems. I tell her so and she says that something about it leaking and wants it to be stronger... (I admit I have a hard time understanding these things). I am a person who won't even drink tea to avoid flouride. My thyroid is very not well. The thought of a leaking flouride tooth freaks me out as I have also started drinking the poisonous tap water since times are tough. :( 

At the last minute she says something to the affect she changed her mind and I THINK she used something else. Like "I really wanted to use the glass but because you are doing this for your health"... of course i had a dental dam in my mouth so I couldn't really conversate at the time. She wouldn't drop name brands and I think she was frustrated with me anyway. I'm having some seriously weird confusing dental problems... like my jaw is disintegrating. That's another post I would love to hear responses too!

So she's off on vacation and I will sign up for more fillings in a few weeks. So I will order a waterpik and some coral white to try to get healthier.. though what's the point if my jaw is disapearing :(

I haven't even told you half of it. Can't wait for my 7th appointment in two months time *sigh*

So mercury or bpa and flouride... should I go back to mercury? I have chronic fatigue and thyroid and a bunch of auto immune issues. :/ I guess I just wanted someone to say it'll be ok and I won't get sicker. That composites are better. Even though I'm reading some awful things about all the chemicals. And frankly my self esteem is in the gutter and having a metal mouth wasn't helping.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page