help us heal our teeth! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-15-2011, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i have a sore spot on my tooth. it went away and came back and now keeps me awake at night. i am praying it doesnt get abcessed. 90% of my teeth are canalled and crowned :(

DS has an adult tooth that hasnt come down but he says it is getting closer. he has braces and headgear.

DSD has white stripes on her adult teeth. they showed up before we stopped using flouride toothpaste.

DD1 has good teeth. strong and healthy look.

DD2 has demineralization, all 4 of her front teeth.

we have been using the bioplasma cell salts. they seem to be helping DD2 and DS.

We have all been diagnose as fructose intolerant. we have cut out all sugars and fruits and most veggies. we do eat dextrose which is straight glucose. we are not grain free. we eat rice and home made white bread. we are trialing corn flour right now. mostly we stick to rice and meat. being fructose intolerant our whole lives means our guts are messed up and we are in the healing phase. we do not absorb all of our nutrients. DD1 is low in iron. but high in b12. we do not take vitamins bc i can not find any that are safe. we can not have sorbitol or any sugar alcohols. i have found powdered vit c in the canning section. i though about making a drink with it but not sure exactly how to get our vit c any other way.

i had just started reading the healing tooth decay book. they talk about raw egg smoothies. but he says to be careful bc you will detox.... how do you all feel about raw eggs? i have been buying the organic free range ones from a nearby place (Kalona). they are the only kind we can cook that doesnt hurt our stomach. (egg yolks have fructose in them). i made one last night before bed (eggs, almond milk, organic whole yogurt, vanilla, dextrose, stevia, maltodextrin, and corn starch). tasted so good. i am going to make another one here in a minute. would you give it to your kids?  i personally can not drink milk but i can eat yogurt and cheese. i do give my kids whole organic milk. but they will not drink the non homogenized vat pasteurized (the closest to raw i can find) bc i cant seem to get all the chunks out. sigh. thhe cornstarch is to keep DD1 full at night or else she wakes up in the middle of the night all crazy acting. screaming delirious and chugs a glass of milk before falling back asleep. but if she has it then she sleeps fine most of the night and crawls in bed quietly if she wakes.

if you read the whole thing then thanks. lol. i am not sure how much info to give but i hope someone can help.

should i go back to flouride toothpaste?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#2 of 7 Old 04-21-2011, 06:16 PM

wow mama, what a handful! I wish I knew something about this... and could give some advice. The only thing that stuck out to me was you mentioning the ingredients of the shake, how much corn starch do you put in this shake? For your dd? I would think that since you guys have such a hard digesting so many things that the corn starch would be another strain on your bodies, since it is most likely genetically modified, and that is NO good for you. I usually use arrowroot powder in place of corn starch but I don't know how much of that you can safely consume, or how it affects your digestive system if you take in large amounts...

#3 of 7 Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 PM

How are you with taking vitamins? I have a few cavities that developed when I was pregnant and have beent aking large doses of calcium/magnesium/zinc plus niacin (flush free). it is helping my teeth, the pain is pretty much gone and can feel them healing.

#4 of 7 Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

we use organic corn starch. it is the only way DD will sleep all night long. we only put it in the ones we make at bedtime. i also quit with the maltodextrin and dont use the dextrose before bed. we stick with stevia and that seems to be alright.

vitamins are hit and miss. most of them have unsafe ingredients and we dont really absorb too much anyway.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#5 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 05:26 PM

did you take a look at that link I gave you?  It connects tooth decay, EDS, food allergies and fibro.  May be worth reading the book for you guys.

#6 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

yes, i am going to have to check it out.

i posted alot of threads lately. i think i am just trying to integrate all the info. kwim?

#7 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 01:57 PM

I definitely get it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page