Is it possible to stop gum disease naturally? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-29-2011, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been having gum issues for some months now, things seem to just keep getting worse. I also have an uneven jaw which may be causing me some TMJ problems. Over the months I've notice my teeths shifting pretty substantially mostly on my lower jaw. I think all my teeths are caving in and I might have started grinding... I'm hearing many stories of curing cavities naturally and am wondering if it is also possible for gum problems and if taking supplements is sufficient enough. It's tough and expensive trying to get grass fed meat products all the time... I don't know whats going on with me...

#2 of 10 Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 PM

YES!! I had very severe gum disease that I was able to heal naturally by doing the following:- 1. Vists with a holistic dentist that uses a lazer for gum disease. 2. Using a waterpik with perioxide daily. 3. Using an electric toothbrush.

#3 of 10 Old 07-26-2011, 08:30 AM

I just read Cure Tooth Decay (the new edition) and it has a chapter on TMJ and bite. After I read that, I've beed reading everything I can get my hands on. I've spoken to three dentists who use the ALF appliance combined with cranialsacral work to fix bad bites. From what I've read, teeth and gums can't heal if the bite is off - it's like throwing a bandaid on something that's broken. So the root of the issue is the bite. It's been pretty overwhelming but I'm staring to get my head around it (no pun intended :).) It's *expensive*, but my bite has caused me so many problems all my life and I DO NOT want that for my Dd - so I'm hoping we can both see this doctor and get straightened out.

Constant clenching/grinding really exacerbates all oral problems in both teeth and gums.

In the meantime, I've upped our FCLO, added trace mineral supps, stopped using tooth paste, added cell salts and I'm ordering Pascalite clay today. I try to do oil pulling as much as possible, but I haven't started it with the kids yet. I'm also looking at the HydroFloss, but am still researching.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#4 of 10 Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Meta- I'm intrigued. Can you tell me more/link me about which minerals, cell salts, and what oil pulling and the clay do? Also, what is HydroFloss? I have a little gum disease that the DDS wants $2800 to fix. I do not have that kind of money and it sounds terrible to me. I forget the name of what they want to do. But I have TMJ and a small jaw. Do you go to a dentist or orthodontist about the ALF?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#5 of 10 Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Hi Kitty!

We're using Concentrace drops, lots of bone broths (at least one serving/day) and the cell salts we're using came from 1-800-homeopathy - Bioplasma, silica, calc phos & calc fluor (I got the teething tabs for Sebastian too.) I've been oil pulling (not often enough!) with coconut oil. Some people prefer sesame oil or sunflower oil, but coconut is what I have on hand. The clay has a lot of minerals. I might get this one too & alternate with the Pascalite: http://www.greenclays.com/green-desert-calcium-bentonite.php I plan on using it internally too - maybe 1/4 tsp per person a day? I plan on packing our teeth at night, at least for me and Dd2. I've heard this can reverse decay & eliminate sensitivity. I'm torn on the HydroFloss...I feel like we shouldn't need to use something like this (or dental floss), but maybe if your oral health is compromised, it could be a good tool to get things where they should be and then just back off after your gums/teeth have healed. Oh, black walnut tincture is another thing I've read great things about - it remineralizes your teeth. you just swish it around like mouth wash & then swallow. You can dilute it in water for kiddos (or yourself.) I could kick myself - I ordered a bottle at my local whole foods store and after I paid for it and opened it, I noticed that it has glycerin! Bah. Glycerin leaves a coating on teeth so they can't remineralize. :(

As far as the ALF appliance - it's not easy to find a good practitioner. I read about it in Cure Tooth Decay (the new edition) and he says anyone can have the tools, but not everyone knows how to use them. Here's a list of practitioners: http://www.alforthodontics.com/Practitioners%20&%20Labs.htm#Pennsylvania (I think I'd clicked on PA, but you can find your state, or surrounding states.) I called/emailed three different practitioners & then tried to find reviews. The doctor I found near us has super reviews and teaches other doctors. The really good docs will have patients who come from all over the world. It's not cheap! The doctor I spoke with in D.C. charges $5000 for the appliance, and the visits are almost $300/each. Plus there's the travel. The doc near us charges $7500/yr but that includes everything, even cranialsacral adjustments at every 6 week visit. It's a crapload of money, and money I don't have, but I REALLY want to find a way to make it work. I've been looking on Craig's List for babysitting jobs...

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#6 of 10 Old 07-27-2011, 09:46 AM

Kitty, this is a great post about the ALF:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/raw-weston-price/fixing-narrow-palates-and-cranial-deformities/?wap2

#7 of 10 Old 07-27-2011, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love you, Meta. You're always such a wealth of info!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#8 of 10 Old 07-27-2011, 11:09 AM

Aw, shucks. innocent.gif

#9 of 10 Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 AM

Young Living has a Thieves mouthwash that will stop gum disease naturally.

#10 of 10 Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 PM

I have gum disease too but I am in Miami .I would like to know the holistic dentist that used laser si I can go

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page