pregnancy and tooth pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-15-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm around 9 weeks pregnant and got hit with a cold. My immune system seems destroyed right now. A few days ago I started having pain in my upper jaw. It started on the right side where I know I've got one more filling that I need done (DH didn't like the dentist I love being out of network so I never got things done) there...then one night it was all the way from ear to ear through my jaw. Today it's back to just the one side. That side also had a tooth that was deamed in need of a root canal that I had NO pain in so we just filled it and I never had any trouble..I can't even tell if it's that spot or a different one.

I don't quite know what to do at this point. Ideas?  The though of going to the dentist feeling lousy w nausea is even worse than my usual dislike of the dentist.

Colleen, momma to Martha 5/23/06 :Ruth 11/1/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-16-2011, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had the flu a few months ago and I seriously felt like I could pull out every tooth.  They just throbbed and I was in severe pain.  Anyway, when the flu was over it was time for my twice annual visit and I asked the dentist about the pain - he said that being sick or having the flu causes serious pain sensations.  It's just part of the immune system being down.  I feel fine now.

Maybe you can ride out your cold and then decide if you want to visit the dentist if you're still hurting?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page