My DD has only 1 loose tooth and she is nearly 7, is this normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She actually lost her only loose tooth and it has taken 3 months to come halfway in.  No other loose teeth yet.  She will be 7 in 2 months.  All of our friends (even younger ones) have lost many teeth.  What gives?  Is my DD just a late?  or should I be worried?

not all who wander are lost
#2 of 2 Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sounds normal to me based on my experience. My DS lost his first one 1mth before his 7th birthday (had been wiggly for about 6mths). Then he quickly lost another 3. It took 9mths for the 1st one to even start to grow in (let alone drop down fully)! Then the others followed suit shortly after. He's been losing his other ones consistently since then. From what I understand, the later they lose them, the better it actually is for the jaw and for teeth to have more space. My DD is 6 and 5mths and no wobbly teeth yet, so it seems she'll follow suit (she's got her 1st adult molar come in, and that is actually the first sign of them about to lose their baby teeth from what I understand).

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page