I've never had a root canal so I'm a bit lost.
I'm doing lots of reading and it seems that root canals can be very toxic and in the long term do more bad than good. Last week my husband had an emergency first half of a root canal. He's supposed to go back on Saturday and get the rest completed. So my question is, what is put in the root canal? Are there alternatives? The nerve has already been removed and the decay has been dug out but so far it hasn't been filled back in. (maybe I'm missing some info here?)
Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The whole root canal toxicity theory was something come up with in the 1930s to sell snake oil, or something like that.
In 99% of cases, though, root canals are safe and recommended. Most dentists today choose the safest materials, knowing that they are also exposed to what is put in your mouth.
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it.