Got diagnosed with my very first cavity today--age 28. How can I heal it before they start pressuring me to get it filled? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-12-2012, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I went to the dentist today for the first time in about a year. I'm pregnant, so they didn't do x-rays, but the doctor had put a "watch" on one of my top right molars and said this time that they wanted to fill it after I give birth in June. I've never had a cavity before and I'm pretty vain about that fact. My daughter also has perfect teeth after 25+ months of nursing. Husband too. We have good teeth genes.

I would like to avoid getting a filling if at all possible.

Can someone point me to resources to try to heal this tooth naturally? I have about six+ months to do it. I'd also like to get my nutrition in a good place so that the new baby will have healthy BM for their teeth as well. My daughter seemed to do fine but I've noticed in my family (myself and my brothers) that each subsequent child had progressively worse teeth. Maybe our mom didn't have the mineral sources left or something? Anyway. Any help would be appreciated. WI will definitely update here if I get a good report this summer.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#2 of 3 Old 01-14-2012, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bummer on the first cavity but kudos for it being as an adult. 

A nice option would be to try this product to remineralize the tooth. 

'09   
#3 of 3 Old 01-18-2012, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

OY.  Welcome to the club.  I got my first cavity when I was 32 when I was pregnant with my first ;) 

I don't know if you've read Dr Ellie Phillips stuff on remineralization, but she has helped me immensely  My teeth went to absolute trash after my third was born....several fillings in one sitting.  Teeth so sensitive I couldn't drink hot or cold.  

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page