3 years old with a discolored tooth and possible cavity Eeek! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just noticed overnight that one of my DS front teeth looks slightly grayish. I thought perhaps it something he had just finished eating but after brushing, it was still there! I try to floss his teeth at least once a week (its a huge fight) and definitely brush everyday with baby toothpaste. I just switched him to a step up in toothpaste so I'll see if things turnaround in a week.

He was drinking alot of juice so I often wonder if those midnight juice cups are a culprit. I did water them down but still: sugar is sugar. 

I also noticed a brown spot on the inside of both front teeth. I'm thinking may be food build up but then again it might be a cavity (gasp!). I certainly hope not but I'm going t ot watch it for another week and see what happens. 

Any advice for a mom worried about cavities and discolored teeth in a  3 year old?

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Did he recently hit his mouth?  It usually takes a week or so after the injury for the grey to show up.  My 4-year-old has 2 grey front teeth and it's from falling on her mouth. The dentist says her teeth are dead.  And yes, the dead teeth developed cavities.  She will be having them filled next week, but the dentist assumes she will lose them early anyway.

Cindycaffix.gif, wife to soapbox.gif, mama to DD1 (4/97)lol.gif, DD2 (3/99)bouncy.gif, DS (4/03)biggrinbounce.gif, and DD3 (6/07)energy.gif, 3 cat.gif, and 10 chicken3.gif.

#3 of 3 Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My DD has some gray on the bottom of her 2 front bottom teeth, and its much yellower at the bottom as well.  What is this??  I tried to scratch it off with my nail but neither the gray or yellow came off?

Tags
Dental

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page