7yr old with tooth pain I can't figure out - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't even know where to start with this.  My 7 year old has intermittent severe tooth pain in one of his lower side teeth (about half way back).  He had a filling in the tooth and complained of pain right away after the filling was done.  We took him in for a follow up and the dentist said everything looked fine. Pain continued, usually when he would eat or drink. We figured it was just because the filling was new and there was residual sensitivity.  Tylenol. Oragel. Pain.  He pulled out the filling while flossing one night. Filling was replaced, dentist said everything looked fine and the pain continued.  We had a root canal done on the tooth. He still says it hurts. He crys because it hurts so badly.  Sometimes I can distract him.  Sometimes I can't.  Took him in this morning and again she says everything looks fine other than his gums where he flossed around it last night thinking that he had food caught in between the two teeth. This is the same pediatric dentist my kids have seen for 13 years.  The 7 year old has had many fillings and has never had this issue with any prior filling. Am I missing something?  I am out of ideas and at the height of frustration. Help.  Did I mention my husband has cancer and our new dental insurance wont cover a pediatric dentist after age 6 so we had to pay out of pocket today? Oh yea.  That.  It's been a greeeeaaaat day :-)

#2 of 2 Old 02-07-2012, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Why don't you look for another dentist and take him for a second opinion? And if your insurance doesn't cover a ped dentist anymore, take them to a family dentist.

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page