His First Dental Appointment and Our Holistic DDS' Advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It was pretty much what I thought. 

7 cavities and 2 teeth with decalcification. Moderate Decay. That leaves one healthy tooth. For those of you who don't know, he's 20.5 months old. The dentist is a Holistic DDS and awesome. We took him to a Family DDS last week and he said he didn't see anything alarming. He was uncomfortable looking in his mouth because he was crying a bit. Yeah, he'll be getting a nice letter from me soon. Ha!

He said we're already doing most of what he would prescribe : 

Cell salts, MI Paste, Xylitol, FCLO, Butter Oil. He did say that while Colloidal Silver was okay as an antibacterial spray, he said to use Lugols Iodine or Povidone Iodine on the teeth several times a day instead. He said this would drastically halt the bacteria or completely stop it. He also said that since Mikey clearly has digestive issues and this can reflect tooth problems, to go ahead and completely cut out all grains. We were holding onto rice and corn, but it's gone now. Also, more healthy fat to help him absorb vitamins. While breastmilk is not the problem, the bacteria is, it would be a good idea to night wean because of that lip tie. And that's okay with us, we're at a point where we're comfortable with that. 

He said he's not a candidate for healozone because he would need GA in order to get it and wouldn't even do that to his own child. Said the same thing about his lip tie and that he may grow out of it.

I'm extremely pleased with this dentist's approach and his manner. He did say if Mikey were to lose his top molars, the roots would become adequate spacers for the primary molars. 

Just an FYI out there for everyone : If your baby is born via c-section, is diagnosed with reflux, has a lip or tongue tie, and you have cavities it raises the risk factors drastically. I'm doing my best to spread the word. I wish I knew these things a year ago. 

Tags
Dental
User Tag List