More Success! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-09-2012, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

More success and hope to share with you ladies.

So, we're in almost 3 weeks on the holistic protocol and are in indeed seeing
success with teeth and other areas.

I posted about a week and a half ago about some brown staining beginning to go
away on his two front lateral incisors and what I believed to be those two teeth
beginning to remineralize. I was delighted to see my neighbor's complete
surprise when she took a look for herself.

In addition to 6 other cavities, he also had a very small cavity on his left
central incisor on the inside, facing the other incisor. It's visible because he
has a gap between his two front teeth. This was the newest and smallest cavity,
something I noticed about 6 weeks ago and confirmed by the dentist. Brownish
staining, just beginning to lose enamel, not a lot.

It's gone! Took a look yesterday in the sunlight mind you, and it's gone, looks
like normal enamel now.

We're so elated to see success in such a short period of time and so thankful to
all the mom's who post their success and success "formula" online. There's no
way this would have happened if it weren't for some determined mothers who
wanted to help others.

We're also seeing his hair grow like crazy too! Just cut his bangs out of his
eyes 10 days ago and it's in his eyes again. I'm guessing this is from the
Silicea cell salt?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 12:06 PM

Wow, this is such encouraging news!  I hope that we can have the same success that you are having.

We are about a week into our xylitol and MI paste protocol.  Right now I am managing to wash DS's teeth very thoroughly with a xylitol and water solution twice daily. Throughout the day I let him sip on a xylitol and water solution in a zippy cup.  I haven't noticed a difference in his teeth yet, but I am trying to be patient since I know it takes some time for xylitol to have an effect.  He's not fighting me as much when I try to wash his teeth, which  is nice.  I haven't been as diligent about the MI paste.  My feeling is that if he still has the bacterial infection, he won't really be able to remineralize, but I will try to work on this more this week.

About a week ago I also started rinsing with closys and using xylitol in my own water, and I am starting to notice a difference in my own teeth.  They definitely seem a lot shinier and more sparkly.  I also don't have as much discomfort when flossing and I think that my pockets in the back are not as deep.

DH is taking xylitol from a spoon twice a day and hasn't mentioned any noticeable changes yet.  

Wife to DH (2009) and mother to DS born (1/7/11).

Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

choochootwo, what is your holistic protocol that you are following?

Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

This is it. I personally believe we've seen such success in a short period of time because he had malabsorption. It's almost like his body has taking in every last drop of nutrients and using everything. We're also grain-free and we cut out night nursing. He's 21 months old and has a lip tie. If he was a year old, I'd go for having it snipped. But, I welcome the extra sleep and he's really bonding to his daddy now. 

First thing upon waking : 

Bioplasma 6x : 2 pills
Calcium Phosphate 6x: 2 pills
Calcium Fluoride 6x : 2 pills
Silicea 6x : 2 pills ( this is for gut issues )
Fermented Cod Liver Oil : It was .5 ML but I just increased to 1 ML
Butter Oil made from cultured raw grass fed butter : 1 ML 

I do this three times a day, morning, lunchtime, and before bed. I try to do it on an empty stomach.

After he eats I brush his teeth with a Xylitol water mix because he hates straight Xylitol and the Zellie Bears. 

I brush his teeth in the morning and evening's with a toothbrush and two drops of Iodine Povidine and after that I give him MI Paste. 

We purchase Pascalite Clay, but he hates it and if he's willing to take all the other stuff, I'm not going to push it. We also have Tooth Builder coming. 

Because I'm breastfeeding and have some small cavities myself, I follow the exact same protocol. 

Old 05-28-2012, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Just an update for everyone.The decay has slowed on his top teeth, but not stopped. There are no new cavities, but some have gotten a tad bigger. We added some more things to help heal his gut and also had an herbalist do some muscle testing. The addition of these things have greatly improved his digestion,demeanor, and weight and I believe played a big role in his teeth getting better. We also added some nutritional supplements to replace lost calcium, magnesium, etc. 

The cavities on his bottom teeth are gone....GONE....and enamel has remineralized and is now shiny, white, and hard. I was so worried about his top teeth, that I didn't check the bottom ones for about two months. We looked today and although the bottom molars are about half as tall as they should be, the corroded discolored decay is gone and in its place is new enamel. 

Because his top teeth are still decaying, we're pursing a frenectomy.I think bad bacteria gets stuff in the top and also prevents his natural saliva flow.  

Old 05-29-2012, 10:27 AM

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum.  I hope someone can help me.

DD is 18.5 months.  She was born in the water at home.  All praises due to God (Allah) for this.

DD has always been extremely clingy, can rarely play alone by herself, doesn't sleep through the night, and has a very small appetite, very picky eater.

This is despite my extended breastfeeding (including night nursing as she wills), baby wearing, and co sleeping.

I've been trying to feed her WAP diet, but she's never been much of an eater.  Only at my in laws does she eat ravenously, and it's not WAP like my house is (ie. factory chicken instead of my pastured stuff.  I focused on eggs and meat, veggies, some fruit, and very little grain (which she loves a lot).

I noticed white spots on her four front top teeth, and showed them to my dentist, who said she was born with this, and that it happened in utero.  This was when she was 13 months.

Last month, I noticed brown spots on her later incisors, and felt a lot of depression and despair. 

I've been giving her Green Pastures FCLO and BO for a year.  Sometimes I can get her to take it every day, sometimes I do every other day (double dose).  This is the one thing I refused to give up on, and a lot of times I forced it down with a syringe and a lot of crying.  I give doses like a full teaspoon of each for example, but only once a day.  And then I bathe her right after, because it's quite the messy routine.  I can't give it to her multiple times a day like some of you do.  There was once a two month hiatus of it between 12-14 months, cause she just wouldn't take it.  I always try different ways, sometimes add honey, lately carob, but it's always a struggle.

I tried to give her a random dose now, and she vomited it up.

Anyhow, when I saw the decay, I researched online, and came upon this post:  http://www.mommypotamus.com/can-a-weston-a-price-diet-reverse-tooth-decay/.

That's when I realized that DD has a lip tie (type 3), and some sort of minor tongue tie.

I live in London, Ontario, Canada, and can't find someone who can do the laser frenectomy.  Does anyone know of someone in Ontario who is experienced with this sort of thing, and willing to do it at this age without anesthesia?

Out of frustration, I've been trying to force feed her different foods with a syring (soft boiled egg, yogurt, soup, etc) to get more nutrition in her body.  I can't be passive about her having breastmilk as the main source of food any longer.

I don't know what to do anymore.  I feel like despite all my efforts to feed her well, and to giver her the attachment parenting I feel is right, I feel like I have failed. 

She was born 7 lb 5 oz, in the 40th percentile, and is now just over 19.5 lb, 2nd percentile, very clingy, cranky child, except if we're outside.

Life is such a struggle with her.  I know children are not easy, but I feel like this is so abnormal.

I'm a SAHM, and just wow.  I don't know what to say any more.

I'm sorry, I know this post is all over the place.  But I was trying to type quickly on my laptop, hidden in my walk in closet, so she doesn't see me.  I can't even talk on the phone in her presence.

Please help me...

Old 05-29-2012, 12:47 PM

Back again for some questions:

Why is everyone using bioplasma, which contains calcium fluoride?  We're paying money to ingest fluoride as a medicine?  I don't get it.

Also, Ramiel Nagel, author of Cure Tooth Decay has this to say about xylitol: http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-foods/agave-nectar-of-

Xylitol: Is It Beneficial, or Even Safe?

Heralded as an ally in the battle against tooth decay and diabetes, xylitol is another sweetener to enter the market with a great deal of hype. Xylitol is a five-carbon sugar alcohol found in some fruits and vegetables and produced in small amounts by the human body. Because mouth bacteria cannot ferment sugar alcohols, xylitol is said to prevent cavities; and because the body metabolizes it primarily through the liver rather than the pancreas,1 it is said to be good for diabetics in limited amounts (no more than 60 grams per day).

Xylitol is less sweet than sugar and produces a noticeable cooling sensation in the mouth when highly concentrated, as in “sugar-free” candy and chewing gum. It is often added to foods sweetened with aspartame, to mask the bitter taste. And because xylitol contains fewer calories than sugar, products containing it can carry weight loss claims.

How Is Xylitol Made?

Originally made from birch bark, and hence associated with the very natural, nutritious and traditional birch syrup (similar to maple syrup), xylitol is anything but a natural product. The typical manufacturing process goes like this:

1. Obtain some source material containing xylan. One commonly used source is corn cobs imported from China. Hardwood and the waste from cotton ginning are other sources.
  2. The xylan needs to be broken down, either through a chemical process called acid hydrolyzing or through microbial fermentation. (Genetically engineereed bacteria have been proposed for this step.) The results of this process are xylose and acetic acid.
  3. The concentrated acetic acid, described as “very hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. . . Hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, permeator), of eye contact (corrosive),” must be removed.
  4. Next the hydrolyzing acid and organic residues must be removed, which is done by heating the mixture and evaporating it.
  5. The resulting syrup is now free of acetic acid, hydrolyzing acid, and other residues.
  6. The syrup is crystallized by stirring ethanol into it.
  7. The crystalline xylitol is now separated in a centrifuge. The ethanol is separated from the sorbitol remaining in solution.
  8. Voilà! You have xylitol.

Xylitol's Dubious Health Claims

Since xylitol is an industrial product, it pays to be dubious about the industry’s health claims for it. First among these is the claim that xylitol prevents cavities. Indeed, many studies can be cited to support such a claim. But not all. The results of a recent two-year trial found no difference in cavities between those who chewed xylitol-containing gum and those who did not.2 In an earlier study, researchers concluded that “Overall, consumption of xylitol-containing snacks and candy did not reduce S. mutans levels.”3

As for the claim that xylitol is good for diabetics, the fact that this sweetener is not completely absorbed comes at a cost: bloating, diarrhea and flatulence. In a study performed on 18 diabetic children who consumed a dose of 30 grams of xylitol per day, researchers found a significant elevation of the uric acid concentration.4 And since 80 percent of xylitol is metabolized through the liver, a danger to liver function similar to that of fructose is a distinct possibility.

The official website for xylitol, xylitol.org, states, “In the amounts needed to prevent tooth decay (less than 15 grams per day), xylitol is safe for everyone.” Fifteen grams of xylitol is about 0.5 ounces. What about doses over 15 grams?

In a long term toxicology study on rats researchers found that xylitol caused a significant increase in the incidence of adrenal medullary hyperplasia in male and female rats in all dose levels tested (5%, 10% and 20%).5 That means it caused abnormal cell growth in the adrenal glands. In one higher-dose study in which mice consumed 20 percent of their diet as xylitol, there was a significant increase in the mortality of the males as compared to those consuming sucrose.6 A major study in dogs found an increase in liver weight associated with xylitol use.7

Conclusions About Xylitol

Xylitol’s own promotional material says it is not safe for everyone to use. Since children are smaller and less developed than adults, they will obviously be much more sensitive to xylitol’s effects. There are no safety data or tests to indicate a safe dosage for children. And foods containing xylitol may also contain additional sweeteners that are undeniably harmful, such as aspartame.

As for claims that xylitol can prevent tooth decay, I can only say, “Buyer beware!” Such claims are based on the faulty theory that bacteria cause tooth decay. We know from the work of Weston Price that tooth decay is a problem of nutrient deficiencies—the bacteria are just there cleaning up dead tissue.

Finally, and most importantly, this industrial product is just not necessary. Nature has provided us with many wholesome sweeteners that can be used in moderation without adverse effects in the context of a diet of nutrient-dense traditional foods.gods

Did anyone just use Cure Tooth Decay's protocol with success?  I want to try it with her, but how can I when she has such a small appetite?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Acaatee, 

I'm sorry for everything you're going through. My son was SUCH picky eater and I also tried to force feed him. I just made a very long post in the dental forum under another title about what we're doing for our son. He sounds very similar to your daughter. He was also very high needs, did not play by himself, wanted to be constantly held. We're working on healing his gut and with that we've seen a huge increase in appetite. I'm also starting on healing my gut. I came across a holistic midwife ( Jennifer Tow ) who talks a lot about mom's gut health and how it can affect her nursing baby and it really does make sense. She also links colic, reflux, high needs baby, tongue/lip tie to mom's gut health. There's a tongue tie group on facebook and she's on it. There are  hundreds of members. You may want to post your concerns and see if someone in your area can help. 

Don't ignore those spots. You may want to consider adding cell salts to her diet. Other vitamins vital to teeth health are D, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. I know there are more, but that's all I can recall. 

Zinc made a big difference in his appetite. 

Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

I reread your post and she really does sound like my son. He's also much better outside. Looking back, I think his crankiness came from a leaky gut which caused vitamin deficit. He's doing much much better now. When he was 18 months old was also about the time I thought I could pull my hair out. How are her stools? Does she digest all her food? Does she have skin rashes at all? Is she sick often or not much? How is your health? I personally struggle with wheat and with my son it's much worse. We had to cut out all grains and we're all doing better with that change too. 

Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Acaatee : 

Callcium Fluoride is naturally occurring, it's in nature. Sodium fluoride is what's in toothpaste, mouthwash, varnishes, etc. I thought the same myself initially, until I researched it. Sodium fluoride is actually effective in preventing and halting decay, scientific studies have proven that, but in my opinion, sodium fluoride is too much of a poison for us to feel comfortable with it. But, calcium fluoride is just fine. 

Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

The xylitol thing could be controversial, I guess. Our child's diet ( I'm sure like yours) is a traditional WAPF diet, so we feel 6.5 total daily grams of Xylitol broken up over 3-4 times a day is just fine. our son has had no problems with diarrhea, gas, bloating, etc as it's such a small amount. I would never use it as a sweetener, personally. For us, it's strictly for medicinal uses. They do make xylitol wipes, so the child does not swallow it, but it wipes on the teeth. If you're not comfortable giving Xylitol, then don't do it. 

There are also studies indicating positive results : 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18176823

http://www.cda.org/library/cda_member/pubs/journal/jour0306/massoth.pdf

We have used WAPF along with other holistic protocols to help with his tooth decay. 

As far as his appetite,  cell salts and zinc have helped greatly, along with a St. Johns Wort tincture. 

Old 05-30-2012, 11:08 PM

Thank you so much for you reply, I really appreciate it.

I'm not really comfortablem with xylitol, so most likely I won't use it.

However, I'm still curious about the cell salts.  I don't like to use anything synthetic.  For example, I'm using GReen Pastures FCLO, because it's a natural superfood, with naturally high levels of vit a. and d.  But cell salts, how do they make those?  What makes these different from synthetic supplements?  And what form of zinc are you using?  Why not use a food naturally high in zinc, like oysters, if I'm not mistaken?

And back to the fluoride topic, I'm still confused.  Is it the natural occuring fluorine atom found in nature, and not the industrial byproduct placed in tap water?  Please explain.

Sorry, I don't mean to go off topic, but I just want to research well into something before I have my daughter ingest it.

On another note, I live in London, Ontario, Canada.  Where can I get her lip tie and posterior tongue tie taken care of, without use of anesthesia?  

Old 05-31-2012, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Acaatee,

My understanding is the calcium fluoride is found in nature. I would suggest you call the manufacturer of the cell salts you're curious about if you have questions. The cell salts only have two ingredients, the active ingredient and a milk based ingredient. I'm sure you can google it to find more information. 

You're certainly welcome to use a food like oysters for your daughter if you think you can get her to eat them. That doesn't work so well with our son. He eats a well rounded diet for sure, but has texture issues. We use chelated powdered zinc. Brainchild nutritionals has a liquid zinc that's very popular, but I found it makes him vomit. 

I don't live in Canada, so I can't answer your question. 

Sounds like you've got some research ahead of you. Good luck!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:01 AM

Thank you so much for you reply, it's much appreciated.

I'm feeling really really depressed now.

I was checking her upper central incisors, and noticed darkening on the lingual side (inside, close to tongue).  The decay is worse than I thought.

In addition to that, I just saw a white film on the roof of her mouth.  I can't believe it, my daughter has thrush.  She's never had it before.  I don't know what to do.  She's been extremely irritable the last couple of days, and this explains the fussiness.

She's not vaccinated, and I don't want her to take antibiotics now.

It seems that there are a lot of remedies out there for thrush, I don't know which one to use.

Please help me.  

I feel like this is a test from God....

Old 05-31-2012, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Acaatee, 

I don't know much about candida. But, there's tons of information on the site here. You can search for information here or post a question about. I bet you'll get lots of suggestions. 

Tags
Dental
User Tag List