Natural ways to cure abscess in 5 year old's molar? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've read a few different posts about abscesses on MDC and it seems there's no real consensus on how to handle them (everything from don't delay, go to dds asap to cure the abscess with essential oils). I figure I have a little time to try some more natural remedies and if I find they aren't helping, I will make an appointment with a dds (maybe try a holistic dds first). DS has a cavity between his first two molars on the lower right side. I've been using MI paste, spry, & flossing to treat after having a blast of ozone past Dec. Not sure if there was a chip in the area that caused the abscess or if it's just the natural progression of the decay, given the location. 

Of those mamas that have had success with alternative remedies, what works? what frequency? method of application? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

kathyhola.gif : , proud mama to seansuperhero.gif (12/06) and wife to zane reading.gif : cat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a huge believer in natural medicine. I see a naturopath and holistic physician, and I am a home herbalist. For an abcessed tooth I would go to the dentist as soon as possible. I really feel that tooth infections are not something to mess around with if possible. The risk of the infection spreading to the bone, soft tissue, or bloodstream is enough that I would want it taken care of ASAP.

A person I am acquainted with decided to treat his abcessed tooth naturally, but wound up in the ER after he woke up with half of his face swollen with infection. Not fun.
#3 of 3 Old 05-10-2012, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinuviel_k View Post

I am a huge believer in natural medicine. I see a naturopath and holistic physician, and I am a home herbalist. For an abcessed tooth I would go to the dentist as soon as possible. I really feel that tooth infections are not something to mess around with if possible. The risk of the infection spreading to the bone, soft tissue, or bloodstream is enough that I would want it taken care of ASAP.

A person I am acquainted with decided to treat his abcessed tooth naturally, but wound up in the ER after he woke up with half of his face swollen with infection. Not fun.

I would have to agree here.  I travel the same path as PP.  I have also worked for a holistic DDS and I can attest that he didn't mess around too much with abcesses. 

Once it has gone that far, it is hard to reverse.  I am sorry your LO is having this trouble. 

Here is a website (IAOMT) that my prior boss was apart of and hopefully will aid in your search for a holistic/mercury free DDS. 

'09   

Tags
Dental

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page