My 2 year just got her 4 front teeth extract, would like to hear from some experinces - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 2 year just got her 4 front teeth extract (using GA) due to decay, would like to hear from parents who have experienced this.  She talks and eats fine, I just feel bad that her 4 front teeth are gone.

Did your toddler's teeth grow back OK and were there any changes to eating/speech because of the missing teeth?  thanks!

#2 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 PM

Just want to say that if she JUST had them out...be gentle with her.  I just had some dental work done today, and I'm hurting quite a bit.  Give her time.

Other than that, I don't have anything to offer.  Sorry for your babe.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#3 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 08:22 PM

soymilk : 

Did they leave the roots or put in spacers? 

Hang in there. We've got a little one your daughter's age with decay, I know it's rough. 

#4 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 08:22 PM

DD1 lost her two front teeth at age 3 due to an accident. Her speech did change, she still has minor speech issues that we are correcting at age 9. So many years without those teeth where hard to correct when they did finally come in. She will need braces eventually, those teeth came in crooked. One thing that I did not think of was when her adult teeth grew in, her gums were so hardened that it was quite painful for her. Almost like teething baby again. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

They did not put in spacers or pedo-partials, as her second molars are not completely in.

Peony- thanks for the info. Is there anything that can be done to make sure the gums don't harden?

#6 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 11:23 PM

Wow, four teeth....poor baby...did the dentist suggest any sort of medical follow up with the pediatician? (our neighbor's kid had 8 cavities at age 4 and the pediatician started checking her for diabetes and a bunch of other things I can't remember)....OHH, for the pain, try gently rubbing in Arnica Cream on her face (outside lip area...but not so baby will ingest it.......) that may help with any pain.

broc1.gif
#7 of 8 Old 06-21-2012, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

The dentist did'nt suggest follwup with the ped.  We saw the ped at 15 months and he was the one that suggested we see a dentist as her teeth had soft enamel.  thanks.

#8 of 8 Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 PM

My nine year old had his four front teeth extracted due to decay, and his permanent teeth came in ok, but he had to wear an appliance when they were coming in to prevent a bad bite. He also has had a lot of other dental work, so I would prepare for more dental work, and read up on healing tooth decay naturally as well.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page