Advice on cracked molar -- help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Although I have had gum problems, I have never had a tooth issue until recently.  The exact same week I turned out to be pregnant at the end of 2010, I cracked a molar on a gluten free snack that I was testing out for my daughter.  I should have kept the darned package of rocks that "snack" turned out to be & sent it to the company to get my dental work paid for... sigh.  Anyway, we held off on doing any work until I was 5 months postpartum and monitored the situation with an extra Xray and having the dentist check out the tooth at regular intervals.  Unfortunately, at 5 months PP, I started to have pain, so I found a holistic dentist, explained the situation, and she replaced the filling using all these special mercury protocols (open room; filters; all of us looking like NASA astronauts; charcoal and vit C after the procedure).  It was less than ideal, but I did the best I could.

The tooth remained a bit sensitive.  Recently, I have developed pain, as if the crack has opened up, and it is making the gum/roots very sensitive.  I feel like I might even be developing a sore on the gum above the tooth.  My regular dentist's first opening that I can get to is next Wednesday.  I am really scared.  I don't know what I should be doing.

Is it possible to heal a crack in a molar?  Will something like the Dr. Ellie protocol help with this?  I could probably run around tonight trying to find what she suggests.  My daughter has major gut issues (another post...), so I have been researching WAPF and other protocols, but I have had a ton on my plate in recent months, and change is going slowly.  But I am happy to make bone broth or take supplements that are safe for breastfeeding.  If anyone has any thoughts on what i should and can do, I would love to hear them.  Re: supplements, it would really help to have links to specific ones that others use, when you take things, etc.  I am easily overwhelmed at the moment... not worth going into, but things have been tough around here, and it has taken a toll on my physical and mental health.

thank you for any assistance. 

sarah (nak with mr. squirmy)

#2 of 2 Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

I've not heard of the Dr. Ellie protocol but am definitely interested now. :)

Anyone have any info to offer?

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page