Recommendation for good brands for supplements please? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I've been reading this forum as much as my two kids allow me the lastcouple weeks. Thanks for all the great info.
My 27mo dd has caries on her 4 upper front teeth and couple of her molars. I'm just coming out of the shock and trying to take some action.
We are doing cell salts ashed FCLO/BO, and eliminating sugar, etc. I'd like to add some mineral supplements as well and have been looking on vitacost and amazon for a few days.I'm wondering if you have a recommendation of a brand you trust? I'm not sure how wholesome they have to be.
I'm still researching but thinking of adding zinc, calcium phosphate, and maybe magnesium.out is it better to have combination mineral formula? Also will be adding probiotics. Would love recommendation on that also.

Thanks again for all the info. I loved seeing some success stories. Wish there were more. smile.gif

Bo
#2 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 08:33 PM

We use a chelated zinc from twinlabs, but brainchild nutritionals has an awesome liquid zinc. Our child just never has enough food in his tummy to not make him vomit. They have an inexpensive sample size to try out. 

We also used a calcium phosphate powder from Freeda. I add it to food or mix with water and give it to him in a syringe. 

For mag we use nettle tea or magnesium bath soaks. Oral magnesium supplements can cause stomach upset ( diarrhea ) with some people.

#3 of 7 Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

thank you so much. I was already eyeing brain child website so I'll try their zinc.

where do you get the magnesium bath soak? is it the same as epson salt?also where can

you find pascalite clay online?

#4 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 AM

Now it's hard to say scientifically because I was always throwing multiple approaches when my kids were having a caries problem.  But I think the ticket for my kids was a 5000mcg K-2 supplement, of course adequate D year round as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Life-Menatetrenone-5000-Tablets/dp/B000VRWPPU

#5 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

oh good to know. thank you for the link. is K2 same thing as the X factor that's in HVBO?

I found a good magnesium soak and ordered zinc sample from brainchild. Also have a bunch of supplements coming. hope they help. I'm a homeopath so I might also try treating it more in depth homeopathically, beyond the cell salts. 

#6 of 7 Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 PM

Yes, it's the same. The HVBO did nor work in our home. We bought it in the bottle and using a syringe to get it out was a nightmare and it gave our son some very loose stools. We've got Thorne's K2/D3 on order. But, I know many people who love the HVBO.

#7 of 7 Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

checking out the Thorne k2/d3. I like that it's liquid. thanks for the tip. dd2 has been refusing the FCLO/BO blend. DD1 has been ok taking it, with some sambucus on top. I personally don't mind it at all.

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page