loosing baby teeth & bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2004, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my son lost his top 2 front teeth today.. well.. not really LOST them.. I wiggled them out

his gums have been bleeding a little the past few days when we brush his teeth.. he lost his first teeth back in november..his bottom 2 middle ones..

this morning they where bleeding horribly.. they where VERY loose.. i knew they had to come out today because he is disabled & I was afraid they would fall out & he'd choke on one

so i wiggled both out .. they came out easy.. both in less them ten minutes..

well hes been bleeding quite a bit all day..his mouth looks like something from a horror movie.. Ive tried laying him on his side (so he wouldnt swollow the blood ) & leaving him alone.. but he keeps getting bloods clumps in his mouth

how much bleeding is normal with top teeth?
his bottom ones didnt bleed anywhere near as bad..

its starting to worry me.. since hes had clotting problems in the past..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2004, 02:05 AM

Hey! I'm no expert on this, but my daughter has lost 4 teeth now, including her two top ones. They didn't bleed much at all after they came out. Infact, her new teeth were already coming through after a few days. Since he has had clotting problems in the past, I would get him to the dentist on Monday. I wish I could tell you what to do until then. Sorry I'm not more help!
Old 04-18-2004, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my dd was a gusher.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 04-18-2004, 03:39 AM

My 2 oldest boys were bleeders--but if he has had clotting problems in the past maybe you should call a nurse maybe?

BUT, my children did bleed a lot. The only time Tyler didn't bleed a lot was when one of his bottom teeth came out.

Best of luck, wish I had more answers!!

Tamera hearts.gifwife to Rod moon.gif Mama to Ty jammin.gif Nathan Peace.gif Hunter bikenew.gifMila energy.gifAndrew sleepytime.gif Kyle REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif& our last baby # 7 due June 2011 1sttri.gif We homeschool.gif  nocirc.gifcd.gif  h20homebirth.gif
Old 04-18-2004, 04:03 AM

Old 04-18-2004, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone ...

hes not on any meds.. but he has a genetic disorder & vit K defienecy is pretty common..
hes had to have vit K shots 2 times before & they tested him back in november after he had a transfusion & he was fine..

he looks alot better today.. but is still bleeding a tiny bit..I think it can wait till tomorrow, but.. I think he needs to have his clotting time & vit k tested... the other day nicked his finger while trimning his nails & I thought he'd never quit bleeding..

Im gonna try your suggestions.. thanks

User Tag List