Changing Dentists? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 6 year old DD has a dentist I am not sure about.  She has a spacer (basically a metal loop) where one of her baby molars used to be (1st on the lower right) to keep the space for her big teeth.  It got infected and had to be removed.  Now the spacer has fallen out twice in the last 6 months.  Last time the dentist just put it back in and seemed to suggest DD was doing something to make it fall out.  Do I try another dentist who may have a better solution, or just have her do it again?  This dentist seems to always be defensive to the parents if the kids cry too- saying "see I'm not hurting her."

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Bumping this up for input. Anyone have any advice?

Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If you're not comfortable with the care you're receiving, I would start looking for another dentist.

We had an appointment for my seven year old this morning and are setting up a consult for a secong opinion. The dentist wants to put a cap on a back tooth and do a couple of fillings and wouldn't explain to me what was going on other than to say that it's what she would do with her kid. When I asked to see the x-rays, she asked if I had worked in a dental office. It just didn't sit right with me.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  

Tags
Dental
User Tag List