Please Help! Not sure what to do, 4 yr old ds needs to have an abscessed tooth extracted! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I took my ds to our ped. dentist because I noticed a blister on his gums right above his right front top tooth and they said it was abscessed and that they couldn't do a baby root canal because the root was already decaying. They showed me on the x-ray where the tooth right next to it had a root that went all the way up to a "point" and the abscessed tooth the root only went up about half way and didn't come to a point. They also want to fix the tooth next to it and put a crown on it because they said the cavity in that tooth was too big to just fill. 

I had taken him to the same ped. dentist about 1 1/2 yrs. ago and they wanted to do I.V. sedation and do root canals and fill both of those front teeth as they had a visible cavity right in between them but I got scared and decided to try cell salts and Vit. D to reverse the decay but I think all it did was hold them at bay. I think it got worse because he was playing around with his sisters a couple of months ago and hit those 2 front teeth on their wooden bunk beds. After that I noticed it started to get discolored and now it is a grayish brown color.

They also told me I could do a Pedo/Pedi Partial but it would only be for aesthetic purposes and completely optional but I don't know anything about them. Has anyone else had any experience with the Pedo Partial. 

I just feel so guilty...I should have just let them do the root canal and do the crowns over a year ago. Now he is going to go around for the next 2 yrs with only one top front tooth. Anyone else with little ones that only have one top front tooth? How did they deal with it? 

#2 of 2 Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)

Oh, mama!  I'm sorry that you and your LO are going through this. My DC had two teeth extracted this year and it was really stressful (more so for me than for her, btw). She was only recommended to have Nitrous and the whole thing was pretty straight forward and way less stress on her than I expected. 

I wish I had more advice for your child's particular situation. A bump hoping other mamas do...

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page