Tools gadgets, brushes, water picks, metal picks you would recommend to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, etc.? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi,

I have read of people using electric tooth brushes, metal picks, water picks, etc.

Which ones do you use, which brands do you recommend?

Any tips on helping to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, etc. will be appreciated!orngbiggrin.gif

Thanks.

#2 of 7 Old 09-12-2012, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I have an E-series Sonicare.  It's a pretty basic model but I'm happy with it.  I don't recommend metal picks (or at least that's what my hygienist friend would say!).  I have a Water Pik that I got for when my son had a palatal expander but it was so messy we don't really use it anymore.

My favorite toothpaste is Now Foods Xyliwhite.  I use their mouthwash too, but not regularly.

You can buy special probiotics for oral health.  I also buy xylitol in packets for my kids to take to school.  After lunch, they rinse with water, pour the packet onto their tongue, and swish it all over their teeth.  We've definitely had fewer cavities since we added xylitol to the mix.

countryangels likes this.

Bring back the old MDC
#3 of 7 Old 09-12-2012, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post

I have an E-series Sonicare.  It's a pretty basic model but I'm happy with it.  I don't recommend metal picks (or at least that's what my hygienist friend would say!).  I have a Water Pik that I got for when my son had a palatal expander but it was so messy we don't really use it anymore.

My favorite toothpaste is Now Foods Xyliwhite.  I use their mouthwash too, but not regularly.

You can buy special probiotics for oral health.  I also buy xylitol in packets for my kids to take to school.  After lunch, they rinse with water, pour the packet onto their tongue, and swish it all over their teeth.  We've definitely had fewer cavities since we added xylitol to the mix.

Thanks for your tips!

Which special probiotics for oral health would you buy?

And what is the name of the xylitol in packets?

Thank you so much orngbiggrin.gif

#4 of 7 Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 PM

http://www.gardenoflife.com/ProductsforLife/EXTRAORDINARYBEAUTY/ProbioticSmile/tabid/1890/Default.aspx

I buy Now Foods xylitol packets.  Now Foods is sort of a "generic" brand but I don't really think there's too much difference between brands of xylitol.  :)

Bring back the old MDC
#5 of 7 Old 11-26-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

http://www.gardenoflife.com/ProductsforLife/EXTRAORDINARYBEAUTY/ProbioticSmile/tabid/1890/Default.aspx

I buy Now Foods xylitol packets.  Now Foods is sort of a "generic" brand but I don't really think there's too much difference between brands of xylitol.  :)

Thanks so much!

I am a bit confused, Sonicare toothbrushes have a Flex Care, a Flex Care Plus,

A Diamond set, a platinum set. I am not sure if the Diamond set brings an air floss deal or not...

Do you know the difference between these? They have some discounts now...

And what is the difference between an air floss & water pik?

Do they do the same thing?

Thanks for yur kind reply & help:)

#6 of 7 Old 12-22-2012, 05:20 PM

I bought mine at a discount club. It was two bases for $80. E- series I think. I've since looked at the website and yes, all the different types are confusing.

We have a water pick, so I know that shoots water. LOL. I'm guessing the other thing is just air?

Bring back the old MDC
#7 of 7 Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I bought mine at a discount club. It was two bases for $80. E- series I think. I've since looked at the website and yes, all the different types are confusing.

We have a water pick, so I know that shoots water. LOL. I'm guessing the other thing is just air?

Thank you for your post :)

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page