I have needed major dental work for the past year - lots of decay and amalgam removal - but decided to wait until I wean my son who is almost two. I have been slowly weaning him since he turned 18 months, however in the past week two things happened and I'm not sure what to do.
1) My son is freaking out about weaning. He has been okay as I have been slowly decreasing his nursing, but the last feeding we got rid of has been heartbreaking for him (and me). I have spent hours the past couple days comforting him while he cries and cries for mommy's milk.
2) I had my six month appointment at the dentist and she can see decay that is part of my amalgam. I am scared it's going to turn into a root canal, which I need to avoid. My dentist is completely holistic and I trust her for amalgam removal although she recommends a homeopathic doc for chelating.
What do I do? If I get the decay removed it's going to be at least 3 teeth I need to get fixed.
I also want to have another kid and am not getting any younger. I know it takes a while to chelate everything out of your system.