Huge absess and pregnancy, what to do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had an absess on this very teeth before, and paid much to have a root canal to solve the problem. A year later, I don't really know which came first, but I start being in pain again when food/drink was too hot/too cold and the filling cracked and a part of it fell. Went to see the dentist that did it (whom I trusted) and she drilled the filling and replaced it grossly, a bit upset I refused radio since I suspected being pregnant. The uneven filling cracked again and I still have a whole on this teeth; I can feel the crack, too.

Now the absess is pretty bad, very swallow and going over the next teeth (but that teeth do not hurt). I'm pretty upset that a teeth with no nerves left could hurt me so badly! The pain goes away to be back more intense. Sometimes the bumps almost clear off, but it comes back. Sometimes it hurts so bad I take out the baby oragel someone gave us as a "must have" for kids, that I actually never used on the kids, to say I hurts very bad!

Now we moved, and I could try to find another dentist...But I'd like to know your experience at trying an alternative. I don't want any procedures while pregnant.

For now I've been trying to cut all sugars (but it's SO hard!), coffee (easy) and grains. Grain is hard too because pasta is so easy to make when you have only enough energy to get up and make something you know the kids will want to eat... I'm also pregnant and craving grains.

Could any nutrition changes reverse an absess? Or it's too late?

I want to make our toothpase using xylitol- I guess it's worth a try. I've made our toothpaste before using baking soda and coconut oil, I like it but got lazy at making more. Is there any links of canadian based website that sells xylitol product that you know/bought from and could give me?

I take Vit C and Calcium/Magnesium supplement. Last pregnancy ALL my front teeth (all the 10 of them) spoiled and needed fillings. I feel it's not fair I have such bad teeth when Papa eats the same stuff and never get any cavities!

I've upped my chamomille and green tea intake as I heard it could help.

I do mouthwash with salt, it seems to be when I'm most intense at doing those that the bumps goes away.

any advise or experience sharing would be great, thanks!

SAHM to a spirited 4 yo girl and an intense 2 yo boy. #3 to enter the world in June.I'm waldorf dollmaker.

Papa is in med school. Our first language is French.lactivist.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gif

Tags
Dental

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page