2 Year old bit popcorn kernel in half - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A couple of days ago my 2 year old bite an unpopped popcorn kernel in half.  There were no obvious signs of trauma to the teeth.  This morning she was crunching on her cereal and said her tooth hurt.  I've been asking a few times if her teeth hurt since it happened so I am not sure if she got it in her head or if it actually is hurting her.  She has had a few ear infections and sometimes she will say her ear hurts and we go to the doctor and it is fine.  I also broke a tooth a couple of weeks ago and have had to go to the dentist a lot and get a crown and possibly a root canal so there has been a lot of tooth talk around here recently.  

Does anyone know how likely it is we have a problem if all the teeth look intact and not chipped?   

I'm scared to take her to the dentist because she has never been and will freak out and I don't want them to have to put her out or anything if I am just over-worrying it?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I do not have any advice but curious what became the situation. Did everything turn out okay?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So far nothing has happened.  I decided not to take her to the dentist.  She hasn't complained in months about anything in her mouth.  The funny thing was is within a couple of days of posting this my 7 year old cracked a popcorn kernel in half as well.  I've outlawed popcorn for both of my girls until they are 18!

Tags
Dental
User Tag List