Fluoridegate Documentary - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-31-2013, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Please watch this and share it. If you think Fluoride added to the water supply is a good idea, this video is for you!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just watched. Really great info. Then I learned my water filter doesn't remove fluoride as I thought it did, but I can order a filter add-on tomorrow. Yikes! Looking into some other kind of filter for the bath. None of my measures solve the problem for the rest of the country, though. :-(

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#3 of 6 Old 02-01-2013, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)

Becky….a little OT…but a big thank you blowkiss.gif

I had been buying toothpaste with fluoride in it.

I sort of knew (in a nebulous way) that fluoride was not good for us, but seeing you repeatedly mention it has prompted me to look into it a bit and switch to a flouride free tooth paste until I sort it out.  Got a flouride free tube today!

I will have to look into/figure out tap water next (ugh - way bigger deal than toothpaste)

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 6 Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm researching this now, we have always avoided ingesting flouride but have used flouride toothpaste.

So I was looking for research, what do you guys make of this from the Cochrane Review (supposed to be gold standard when reviewing studies right?) It says that the review of the studies shows a link between brushing with flouridated toothpaste and less dental caries. I would like to make an educated decision. Thanks for any insight!

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD002278/abstract;jsessionid=4996206AEB1AD9433C2C79DCE10589B1.d02t01

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.
#5 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyam926 View Post

I'm researching this now, we have always avoided ingesting flouride but have used flouride toothpaste.

So I was looking for research, what do you guys make of this from the Cochrane Review (supposed to be gold standard when reviewing studies right?) It says that the review of the studies shows a link between brushing with flouridated toothpaste and less dental caries. I would like to make an educated decision. Thanks for any insight!

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD002278/abstract;jsessionid=4996206AEB1AD9433C2C79DCE10589B1.d02t01

Thanks!

Well, I read that the fluoride in the water is a waste byproduct. So, its bad for us.

Totally different from Sodium Fluoride which would help prevent tooth decay. The thing is, I do not think you need to swallow the stuff. And I read that you should get a toothpaste with sodium fluoride, but the thing is almost every paste has glycerin as well, which prevents

your teeth from reminerilizing.....And the fluoride rinses I have looked at also have glycerin, and or saccarin, and colorings, etc. etc.

There has to be something we can rinse with, that will make our teeth stronger without all of the bad effects of poison such as the fluoride they place in our water.... :(

Does anyone know of xylitol mints that are GMO free, free of corn? Organic, made out of birchwood.

Thanks for your help :)

#6 of 6 Old 08-09-2013, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyam926 View Post

The studies were on children. I'm willing to believe a potential benefit for children (fluoride toothpaste, not fluoridated water), but the result cannot be extrapolated to adults, since adults weren't studied. Also absent is investigation into potential risks from fluoride.

Tags
Dental

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page