Dental Varnish - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-01-2013, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you to those of you who posted on this subject.  I am taking my daughter to see her Dr. today after reading these posts.  My 3 year old has been suffering with extreme vomiting and lethargy and increased sleep for three days. She also has an increased heart rate...that really scares me. It all started 4 hours  following her "flouride varnish" application.  This was her first exposure to the stuff.  She has not had a fever at all (which would indicate to me a virus or "bug" of some sort) She has never had stomach issues so I started trying to figure out what she may of been exposed to. Again, thank you for posting all this information about fluoride

I will update later.

#2 of 2 Old 02-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I am so sorry to hear that another child may be going through problems from this completely unnecessary treatment.

Most of the people I have told about the problems my son had with this Vanish fluoride varnish have been surprised, but a bit skeptical.

However, the mother of one of my son's friend's thought my son's reaction and subsequent developmental regression (at age 17!) sounded familiar.  Her son has Tourette's, and had a similar bout with sudden onset of poor health, and then major symptomatic regression following a dental treatment.  She checked with her dentist after talking with me--and yes, her son had received Vanish Varnish just before his illness and regression.

I hope your doctor is helpful, and actually listens to you.  Please bring a printout of the Material Safety Data Sheet with you, and leave it for your doctor.  If (s)he is not helpful, please consider making an appointment with a pediatric neurologist, if your insurance permits this without a referral.

Best of luck to your daughter.

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page