2 mo. old teething molars first - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My not-quite-2-month old seems to have some molars coming through in the back of his mouth.  He does not have any other teeth yet although I can see some white under the gums at the top-front of his mouth as well.   Does anyone have experience with this?  Is it anything to worry about?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

hi i just saw your post. i remember when my son was two or three months i couldn't believe he was getting molars already. when i took him the the ped it turned out that they were not teeth but..i forget the name...was an accumulation/deposit of food(formula or milk) saliva that harden in the teeth area. pretty common and not serious. it went away in just a few weeks. i was wondering if this is the case with your baby. if he is in fact really getting teeth i personally don't see any danger in that ...just a little soon. you should have it checked out with your ped and let us now.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Whe DD was 2.5 mos she DID pop out a molar - it was one point along the crown that came through, stayed visible for about a week and then her gums swelled and swallowed it back up.  It just now resurfaced at 15mos and her first official tooth wasn't out until 6 or 7mos I think.

Tags
Dental
User Tag List