Cavities? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't been in the dental forum yet....so maybe this has been answered.  But what I'm looking for are some natural remedies for treating cavities?  My 14 yo son just came home from the dentist and is scheduled for 2 fillings in a month.  I've done a little research and came across the ideas of using baking soda rather than toothpaste, clove oil, and two homeopathic remdies for cell salts (Calc Fleur and Calc Phos).  

Any other ideas or thoughts?

Thanks!!

countryangels likes this.
#2 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

So no one knows about using these things to treat cavities or any other remedies?  I htought for sure someone on here may have had some experience with this...

#3 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Hello, despite some claims that I've read online, I haven't found that a cavity can be healed. Once the enamel is gone, it cannot be rebuilt.

What can help is caring for existing enamel and preventing infection in pre-cavity areas of weakened enamel.

We brush with natural edible clay or baking soda. We also use essential oils. I've found that some oils work better than others. Neem is a common natural oil for oral care.

Silica, contained in nearly every tooth brushing product including natural tooth powders, is harder than tooth enamel. Obviously, prolonged use of silica will wear away enamel. Baking soda is softer than tooth enamel and is a much better choice. It also assists in keeping the mouth alkaline, which is its natural healthy pH. Glycerin is also very bad for teeth and is in premade toothpastes. Glycerine coats the teeth and prevents minerals from food and saliva from penetrating and strengthening the enamel. It also is converted to a sugar in the digestive tract and is thus a very bad chemical to have coating your teeth.

If you browse the archives of this forum you may come upon information that can help you. I recall similar discussions in the past.

Best wishes,

Puma

#4 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 06:50 AM

I have been finding information about halting the decay of cavities and even reversing them at http://holisticsquid.com and The Healthy Home Economist, both refer to work done by Weston A. Price who heralded the effects of fermented cod liver oil and butter oil taken by his dental patients with tooth decay. It's a new discovery for me, but I recommend searching in that direction for information on dental health!
#5 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 02:33 PM

There is also a healing cavities with nutrion thread that is stickied at the top of the dental forum! It has lots of info!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#6 of 7 Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 AM

Remedies are usually short term measures or treatments. What you need for your son is proper treatment and I m going to suggest you natural treatment for your son’s cavities. I recently read this book “Cure tooth decay” by Ramiel Nagel and found many things that we are usually unaware of. You should know that cavities are actually caused by deficiency of vital nutrients like vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and other minerals in diet. According to the author of this book, by incorporating these components in your diet, you can prevent cavities from forming and also reverse your cavities. He recommends nutrient dense food such as raw grass fed milk, fish, grass fed meat, bonemarrow, yogurt and fermented cod liver oil among others. He strongly objects to the use of sugars, juices, grains and whole flour products. His diet protocol has helped many people in treating and reversing their cavities. I would suggest you read this book and do the same for your son and save him the dental drilling and filling. You can visit this website for more information http://www.curetoothdecay.com/

EarthyLady and countryangels like this.
#7 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaBearclan View Post

Hello, despite some claims that I've read online, I haven't found that a cavity can be healed. Once the enamel is gone, it cannot be rebuilt.

What can help is caring for existing enamel and preventing infection in pre-cavity areas of weakened enamel.

We brush with natural edible clay or baking soda. We also use essential oils. I've found that some oils work better than others. Neem is a common natural oil for oral care.

Silica, contained in nearly every tooth brushing product including natural tooth powders, is harder than tooth enamel. Obviously, prolonged use of silica will wear away enamel. Baking soda is softer than tooth enamel and is a much better choice. It also assists in keeping the mouth alkaline, which is its natural healthy pH. Glycerin is also very bad for teeth and is in premade toothpastes. Glycerine coats the teeth and prevents minerals from food and saliva from penetrating and strengthening the enamel. It also is converted to a sugar in the digestive tract and is thus a very bad chemical to have coating your teeth.

If you browse the archives of this forum you may come upon information that can help you. I recall similar discussions in the past.

Best wishes,

Puma

I read that sodium fluoride is not toxic to rinse with, and that it will help make teeth stronger. But, I found that ACT which has sodium fluoride,

no alcohol, has glycerin in it.:(  It seems that glycerin is in everything, or saccarin :(  Do you think we can use a fluoride rinse and it will not be toxic?

As long as it is not swallowed. Also, is there one out there without glycerin? Dyes, or saccaring in them?

In addition, what do you think of xylitol? Are there xylitol mints made with birchwood, GMO Free of corn?

Thanks for any help you could give me. thumb.gif

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page