CLO/butter oil - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I've read enough testimonials of cod liver oil and butter oil remineralizing teeth that I'm finally starting to think its probably worth the cost considering the cost of dental work! I'm sure this is probably discussed at length in the "curing cavities with nutrition" thread but I just can't wade through 800+ posts. 

Any opinions on whether to buy them separately or combined? 6yo dd and I will definitely get capsules, regardless. 4yo and 19mo ds's will need the liquid/gel. Which would be more cost effective? Is either one easier or more difficult to get kids to take? Any flavor recommendations? Any particular dosage suggestions? From what I've read its important not to OD on the 
Vit A in the CLO, but there is no OD risk for butter oil. Because of that would it be best to get them separate? Appreciate any input!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#2 of 5 Old 06-26-2013, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I've never heard of this, just wanted to subscribe to this thread, sounds very interesting!

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#3 of 5 Old 07-29-2013, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 5 year old can not swallow the pills, they are pretty big. He does not like the combo gel, he prefers to take them separately and will take the orange flavored one. We have to have a drink sitting next to them that he can drink ( milk or water) after too.
#4 of 5 Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have been contemplating taking the plunge into FCLO for myself and my children as well, but I can be pretty sure that having my two and four year old take it will be a fight. In my googling for tips I saw somewhere that fclo can be absorbed through the skin, so in theory maybe the little ones don't have to take it orally at all? Anyone ever tried this?
#5 of 5 Old 08-11-2013, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I buy the capsules and my 3.5 yo takes hers extruded into a spoonful of raw honey (she loves her fish oil and begs for it!). The SPD 7 yo won't touch it though. :(

High-tech Hippie Mama to Dd1 (9/22/06), Dd2 (2/25/10) and Ds (05/27/2013). I eat Clean, cloth diaper, and spend way too much time online.

Tags
Dental

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page